79 Lemans worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Link doesn't work....is it the one listed for parts? I went to Indy and looked on the marketplace. The only 79' that I could find.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm a bit newer to the Pontiac end of things but doesn't seem there is a big demand for parts. I'd say consoles/gauges/tach are popular want items but not sure what else is really sought after.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Hopefully that link works. Maybe someone on here will save the car. Im gonna go look at it at 5 today. If its not rotted I might buy it and store it. I havent seen one on the road. It seems like a unique G body. I always wanted a gutted malibu drag car but this might be cooler. Thanks for the replys fellas.

Reactions: 2 users

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
This car has the early day which is EXTREMELY brittle. I can see one chunk out of the lower portion.
The 79 LeMans used the 78 Grand Am upper door panels, which I like better than the 78 LeMans (79 Grand Am).

I only saw 1 chopped picture, but I'd say for a 79 LeMans parts car from Indiana............$500

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
maybe you can trade him toilet paper for it, I heard toilet paper is going to huge money these days.... :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Didn't look too bad in the link, but, I will say you won't get rich parting that car out and you're gonna be holding some stuff for quite a while.

Unless there's hidden performance goodies underhood we can't see, drivetrain will be epitome of undesirable all around. Dash has the same market appear as a GP dash of similar age. Trim panels you're needing someone restoring one of those as not a lot of interchange, and sheetmetal looks repairable but not better what what someone else has.

With the lower rust there is, I'd expect either sat a bunch, or, had some salt, or both... and that means body mount holes on frame likely need attention even if rails themselves are sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor