79 Malibu Horn Relay Location - With Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2021
Hey guys,
I needed to replace the horn relay in my 79 Malibu, but I couldn't find it. I searched the forums, found out where it was, but I couldn't find a good picture or video that really showed it's location. So, I made one.

I found the relay up under the dash, to the left of the steering column. It was hard to see and reach, but while kneeling on the ground next to the car I was about to get my hand on it and wiggle it out.

Hope this helps other people who might be looking for it!

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Bravo, good show.... i was wondering where it was myself because i can actually hear mine "click" when i hit the horn button(79 camaro steering wheel/popular swap im guessing), but the prior owner of my 79 malibu wired in a remote button for it(sits on floor under the car stereo), now i can trace this thing to get the horn working as intended, through the steering wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor