79 malibu ls1/ls2 swap project BAY AREA, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapekidon4s

Apprentice
Jun 20, 2010
san jose
just got a 79 malibu 2 door its a bucket but want to put it back together and drop a ls2 into it asap hopefully. bought a decent shape maroon dash cant wait to pull out engine and transmission. Ex owner from oakland CA said he put GN rear end on dont really know what he did body is straight floor has rust but i think this will be fun first build.. any tips help or comments lmk would help!!

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Get some pictures up hahah. And eBay is a good place for parts. Just depends what your looking for

1986elcamino383

Apprentice
Jun 29, 2009
South River NJ
Only thing I would tell you dont get to far ahead of your self and do only one thing at a time this way you get it done . My friend did an ls2 in his olds and dame is that car fast of corse he has a sick drive train and all the subspention parts to go with it I think hes in the 10s . Have fun . :D

bapekidon4s

Apprentice
Jun 20, 2010
san jose
thanks for the welcomes guys im tryin to figure out how to work this forum still lol i will stay updated with pics tho hopefully tomorrow. yeah im looking for a good cheap ls2 only have 2000 to play with at the moment so i have to save a couple more thousand im only 19 with suspended L's so i got about 5 more months to get this mali smokin stangs n ricers.. registration paid need smog check to get the plates but car does not run and too late to do non op i have until july 30th any sugg.? i wana get some ideas show me your guys malis and elkos montes all dat!! thanks again cool forum!! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor