'79 Malibu wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
i spent 10 days at my friend Neil's place working on his wagon - he bought it a few months ago, gathered up parts, then we started on it. the body and paint is next. it was fun! here is the video

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That sure is a clean car and that is a great shop to work on it. Where is the beer fridge?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for sharing the video, Ed.
Neil found a nice clean candidate for a build. It reminds me of mine when I bought it 29 yrs ago. Same color, same stick-on side trim, same wheel opening mouldings. What shape(and color) is the interior in?
My car wasn't quite as clean as that when I purchased it.
You guys got a lot of work accomplished in a short period of time. It also helps to have a well equipped shop with a lift.
Keep us updated on the build. I like what I see so far. :)

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
oh yeah, i'm way jealous of his shop and the lift. he built it about 3yrs ago next to his house...because the 4 bays there aren't enough (!) his wife (andi) gets one, parts (and beer fridge) get one, his cool, stage 2, 454 buick powered el camino gets one and, right now, a '67 camaro has one.

the interior is light blue and will be changed to split bench, it's now a bench. it'll have dakota digial in a new dash. it's gonna be a driver he hopes andi likes enough to give up her toyota or nissan or whatever it is. she's had quick cars before and is warming to the wagon just because of the engine/trans set up.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You fellas got more done in a long week than I got done in four years! I love the shop. I was hoping for the finale of hearing it fired up - then roll credits. I look forward to being retired and able to put solid time like this into my projects. But that will be a few years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor