79 Monte Carlo dash wiring diagram needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Does anyone happen to have the wiring for a 79 Monte ? Going to install my Dakota Digital gauges soon and need to know what’s what at the gauge connector.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
This is the easiest pin out I've found. I used it for many idiot light to gauge dash conversions. If this does not fit the bill I will see if I can get a picture of the wire diagram for the dash. Wire Diagram.png

Reactions: 1 users

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
This is the easiest pin out I've found. I used it for many idiot light to gauge dash conversions. If this does not fit the bill I will see if I can get a picture of the wire diagram for the dash. View attachment 206280
Finally getting around to wiring my gauges and I noticed both the blinkers and the brake warning light all have 2 circuits going to them. any idea what that is about ? I wanted to cut the factory connector off but I’m not sure what to do with the extra wire or which one I should use

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Finally getting around to wiring my gauges and I noticed both the blinkers and the brake warning light all have 2 circuits going to them. any idea what that is about ? I wanted to cut the factory connector off but I’m not sure what to do with the extra wire or which one I should use
Those have dual purpose. The blinkers have one wire for the 4 way flasher & one for the turn signal flasher. The brake light has one going to the parking brake switch & one going to the pressure switch in the proportioning valve.

Reactions: 1 users

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Those have dual purpose. The blinkers have one wire for the 4 way flasher & one for the turn signal flasher. The brake light has one going to the parking brake switch & one going to the pressure switch in the proportioning valve.
So I need to wire both of them in to the Dakota Digital box the same way they were from the factory then.

Thanks

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
So I need to wire both of them in to the Dakota Digital box the same way they were from the factory then.

Thanks
I never have worked with an aftermarket cluster but I would say yes since those indicator lights will need to function for both listed functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor