79 Monte Carlo Turn Signal Lever Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgenroete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
Hello all I am new here and I am hoping someone can help me with my Monte.
I have a 79 Monte Carlo that is missing the turn signal lever. It should look like this
wX2BHX.jpg

On the inside the column it appears that the piece that the lever snaps into is busted. It looks like a black plastic cylinder with 2 perpendicular pins coming out either side. I believe it is part for controlling the high beams. My car has a tilt steering column, no cruise control and has the wiper switch in the dash. I'm confused, every time i search for tilt column turn signal lever I find products and information on the next generation lever where the wiper controls is in the lever. If anyone can help It'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Morgen

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome to the site Morgen! Perhaps you can post up an introduction thread in New Users and tell us a little bit about yourself and the Monte you're working on. Oh and we all love pics....

That looks like the one I posted in this thread...

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/78-malibu-turn-signal-lever-help.61391/

That lever was the base for non cruise equipped Malibu's, Monte's and El Camino's from 78-81. In 82 the wipers moved to the lever and of course changed a fair bit. I'm not sure I've got any left but I can have a look.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Morgenroete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
Yes sorry I had the lever with the black cylinder object on the end but it has been lost and that image was what brought me here. Everything I searched for led me to dress up kits for c10s on eBay. I think I may be okay for the lever, I have a local friend who may have one. However The black cylindrical plastic object is the part I can't even find a picture of on anywhere. Its like it doesn't exist. If you can help that'd be great!

Also This is my baby. I got her Summer 2016 and have been slowly putting TLC into her.
adEGEZO.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Welcome from SW Georgia. If you guys don't have one let me know. I think I do

Reactions: 1 users

Morgenroete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
Thanks for the warm welcome

Thank you for trying michmalibuman.

In April 2017 the only you-pick-it-yourself yard in my area burned to the ground. It really hurt and crippled the local car community.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3361232/3-alarm-fire-breaks-out-at-auto-wrecking-yard-in-scarborough/

I think the cylinder maybe called a high beam return switch but that leads nowhere on google. I'm trying to restore her to stock but I'm thinking if I can't find the part I'll have to wire in a floor high beam switch.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
That's a pretty good looking Monte! I didn't realize that you were in Canada as well..sorry to see that you lost a local wrecker.

I had a look last night for the turn lever, sorry to say I don't have one at this time. I think I had 5 or 6 here at one time but all have been sold/sent out. I have 1 column that I would call a "parts" column...however it is non tilt, and I'm not sure if it will matter for that hi beam return switch or not.

I am also supposed to be collecting parts from 3 or 4 Malibu parts cars so hopefully I can help you out with at least the turn lever. I'm not sure I'll be able to pull columns or not. I can look into that column I have at my storage locker maybe the part is the same for tilt and non tilt?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yes sorry I had the lever with the black cylinder object on the end but it has been lost and that image was what brought me here. Everything I searched for led me to dress up kits for c10s on eBay. I think I may be okay for the lever, I have a local friend who may have one. However The black cylindrical plastic object is the part I can't even find a picture of on anywhere. Its like it doesn't exist. If you can help that'd be great!

Also This is my baby. I got her Summer 2016 and have been slowly putting TLC into her.
adEGEZO.jpg
She's a beaut. I don't normally like the 78-80 montes, but I'll make an exception this time. :p

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor