79 Monte Carlo Turn Signal Lever Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgenroete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
Thanks O. D. Showtime for looking. I Think I'm going to have to wire in a custom switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Morgenroete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
After allot of fruitless searching I've come up with little to nothing. It's hard to find something when you don't know its name. This sadly is the best I can come up with. The object circled in orange is what I need. My non cruise signal lever slots in there. If anyone know what the heck its called you'd be a gods damn hero.
DCP_0760.JPG

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Morgan I'm familiar with that pic...in reference to that pic they are calling it the wiper switch. In 82 the wipers moved to the column so that makes sense. On the early models with wipers in dash...I'm not sure what that piece is called. I've been pretty much house bound this weekend but I am planning to stop at my storage locker after work Monday and bring home that 81 column I have there. I'll see what's involved in getting that piece out.

Kevin

Reactions: 2 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Morgen,
Welcome from Western New York and a fellow 3rd gen owner. Beautiful 79 Monte Carlo! Love the Carmine red.
The name of the part you are looking for is a Dimmer Switch Pivot Actuator. (GM 7833704)
Looks to be used in the most car lines including the B body (Caprice, Impala,) X body, (Nova, Omega) F body (Camaro, Firebird).
2 vendors on E bay have them new for $250.00 & 300.00 o_O (OUCH!!!) but this may open your search of where else the part may be used.
Hope this helps!
Bob S.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Morgenroete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
And just like that a hero is born. Thank you very much for the info 79 USA 1. This seriously helps me get my Monte back on track. Would never have considered the dimmer part in the name as there is no dimmer option on my turn lever stock. Now I'll just look on ebay for a replacement and Oh My Gods thats expensive... Lets see if anyone is selling one on the cheap..

Yes O. D. Showtime I'm pull pics off google images. The only way I can find what I was looking for. Thank you for looking in storage for me.

airboatgreg Thanks for looking.

Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Yes O. D. Showtime I'm pull pics off google images. The only way I can find what I was looking for. Thank you for looking in storage for me.

I'm a member on El Camino Central as well, having owned 3 of them, I've looked at that column repair thread a few times. I couldn't get to the locker today, but will tomorrow...once here I'll tear into it and see what we have..

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
And just like that a hero is born. Thank you very much for the info 79 USA 1. This seriously helps me get my Monte back on track. Would never have considered the dimmer part in the name as there is no dimmer option on my turn lever stock. Now I'll just look on ebay for a replacement and Oh My Gods thats expensive... Lets see if anyone is selling one on the cheap..

airboatgreg Thanks for looking.

By no means a hero...just a fellow 79 Monte Carlo owner with a service manual that showed up late for the party!
Here is the link to the e-bay auctions. I think that price is nuckin futs!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=GM+7833704&_sacat=6000
I'm looking through my stash of parts to see if I have one. So far I have only located the pivot from my 86 El Camino's column.

Last edited:
  • Friendly

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Morgan....I stopped by my storage locker and picked up the column...however yesterday I was in the hospital for a small procedure and with the results of that I'm not doing much garage stuff for a day or two. Hoping to tear down the column somewtime this weekend though.

Kevin

Reactions: 2 users

Morgenroete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2018
Np O. D. Showtime. Take care of yourself first. Any help comes secondary to that. Thanks for looking 79 USA 1, not a hero but a good seminarian. Appreciated all the same. My local buddy helped me out and found me a lever. Win. Everything's coming up Milhouse.
IMG_2120.jpg IMG_2121.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor