8.5 10 Bolt Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Is the rear all together right now? If so run it as stock for a few miles just to try it out. You will run 3000 rpm at 60 mph, compared to your current 2050 rpm at 60 mph with 2.41 gears. The 2.93 will run around 2400 rpm at 60 mph.

Michael Bennett

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2018
Is the rear all together right now? If so run it as stock for a few miles just to try it out. You will run 3000 rpm at 60 mph, compared to your current 2050 rpm at 60 mph with 2.41 gears. The 2.93 will run around 2400 rpm at 60 mph.

No, it's apart because I had to sandblast it and it was open. I'm putting the posi out of the caprice in it so that would be a full ring and pinion swap if I did that. I'm planning on just replacing the open carrier with the Auburn at this point. I do have 30 spline axles on the way which are needed to fit the Auburn and will be a nice upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor