8.5 rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
okay so i am going to start looking local for a 8.5 rear end. my question is i see regal have them for what i see everyone saying. was wondering what cars do i look for in local yards to see if they have one and any markings that will help me figure if its a 8.5,are there certain years/cars that have them for a g-body.some of the local yards here have web sites and post the newest car/trucks/vans they have in stock.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
wonderboy24 said:
okay so i am going to start looking local for a 8.5 rear end. my question is i see regal have them for what i see everyone saying. was wondering what cars do i look for in local yards to see if they have one and any markings that will help me figure if its a 8.5,are there certain years/cars that have them for a g-body.some of the local yards here have web sites and post the newest car/trucks/vans they have in stock.

Only 442 from 85-87 as well as Hurst Olds in 84 came with the 8.5, and they could be an open unit as well. 84-87 Regal Turbo and Grand National came with them as well. The difference is Regal came with 3:42, Olds came with 3:73 gears.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
thanks toby. thanks again for the floor part. got the floor all done and POR -15 it today.there are a couple regal's across the river

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
wonderboy24 said:
thanks toby. thanks again for the floor part. got the floor all done and POR -15 it today.there are a couple regal's across the river

Good deal man, let me know if you score one. THey are the holy grail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor