8.5 WITH C-CLIP ELIMINATORS. BRAKE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
The backing plates, drum and shoes are different for the A-Body but the hardware is the same? the Carlson H2319 master rebiuld kit for A-Body has alot of different parts from the CARLSON H2320 G-Body kit. So basically i am looking at a 100% new drum rear set up when finished for an A-Body if if i am reading all of this correctly. I am guessing A-Body ebrake cables aswell. Is there an upgrade on a body wheel cylinders like the g bodies where we use the s10 manual cylinders for increased brake pressure?

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
one kit is for abody does both sides. the other kit is g body. does both sides. Both are master kits. i have bought the kit for the gbodies twice. why i was hoping to reutilize the gbody backing plates as i have a brand new complete set up backing plates, shoes,drums and all new hardware . i have an abody kit floating around i got for free with some g body stuff.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when I installed the 67 rear end I used brake parts from my 7.5 rear end including the drum and used the 4th gen Camaro e brake cable. I had to buy new shoes and wheel cylinders.......but then what do I know, after all RockAuto might be mistaken as well cause most of the kits listed for the 67 Chevelle do the G bodies and more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor