80 442 full powertrain swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
I just installed EBC Yellows on a stock rotor with Afco oversized calipers. I've finished the initial break in and need to complete the burn in process. I will say that I have what feels like twice the stopping power over a low budget set of stock pads but I'm yet to lean on them real hard - they're time is comin' lol.

The knock them is they don't last long and they will destroy a rotor much quicker than a standard semi-metallic or ceramic pad. That's not much of concern for me as I expect to do brake maintenance/repair annually (less than 5K miles).

Okay, I will give them a try. Need to stop 450 ponnies quick sometimes. Lol

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
Circling back to the exhaust topic, Pypes now has a Turbo style muffler that supposedly eliminates the drone you get with their other mufflers(like my Street Pros w/ X pipe). I have a pair in my Summit shopping cart, maybe have some feedback on them by fall?
I have neighborhaters from Demon.
I think we will be hated. Lol
Going to check out that jegs link that was posted, but pypes I seem to be leaning towards

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
I just installed EBC Yellows on a stock rotor with Afco oversized calipers. I've finished the initial break in and need to complete the burn in process. I will say that I have what feels like twice the stopping power over a low budget set of stock pads but I'm yet to lean on them real hard - they're time is comin' lol.

The knock them is they don't last long and they will destroy a rotor much quicker than a standard semi-metallic or ceramic pad. That's not much of concern for me as I expect to do brake maintenance/repair annually (less than 5K miles).
These the calipers you have?
Screenshot_20210414-205257_DuckDuckGo.jpg

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
No, I have these : https://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO...h-GM-Metric-Caliper-Left-Hand-Side,29216.html

Part numbers end in 9001 and 9002 for left and right side.

I leaned on the brakes hard two nights ago to get these pads 'burned in'. They work. I can't say how much of the stopping is the calipers or pads, I'll guess the pads are making a ton of heat, hence the short life span that I've been told to expect.

My setup is the oversized Afco metric calipers referenced above, new stock front rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff pads for a factory metric caliper and the rears are stock 2000'ish Explorer disc brakes and pads. I have a manual brake conversion from Malibu Dave and am running the stock proportioning valve. I was able to stop the car with reasonable leg pressure and movement from about 110 to 30mph - it felt safe and the brakes took just a fraction of a second to heat up and put me up against the seat belt. Afterwards I did a couple of full stops from between 40 and 60 mph and I could lockup all the wheels or pedal it without locking them up.

I'm happy with the setup. The final test will be at the track getting it whoa'd down from 140+, but I'm not expecting my panic (check your underwear) moments that I experienced last year because it's stopping about 300% better now then it was then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
No, I have these : https://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO...h-GM-Metric-Caliper-Left-Hand-Side,29216.html

Part numbers end in 9001 and 9002 for left and right side.

I leaned on the brakes hard two nights ago to get these pads 'burned in'. They work. I can't say how much of the stopping is the calipers or pads, I'll guess the pads are making a ton of heat, hence the short life span that I've been told to expect.

My setup is the oversized Afco metric calipers referenced above, new stock front rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff pads for a factory metric caliper and the rears are stock 2000'ish Explorer disc brakes and pads. I have a manual brake conversion from Malibu Dave and am running the stock proportioning valve. I was able to stop the car with reasonable leg pressure and movement from about 110 to 30mph - it felt safe and the brakes took just a fraction of a second to heat up and put me up against the seat belt. Afterwards I did a couple of full stops from between 40 and 60 mph and I could lockup all the wheels or pedal it without locking them up.

I'm happy with the setup. The final test will be at the track getting it whoa'd down from 140+, but I'm not expecting my panic (check your underwear) moments that I experienced last year because it's stopping about 300% better now then it was then.
Nice!!! Thank you for the info

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Hope the linkage works as needed. Good talking to you last night Kyle. That 2004R looks awesome!

Reactions: 1 users

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
Thanks!!!!
Jeff said she is built for a 10 second car. Billet all the way and all mods possible.
ow to choose to run Dextron 3 or Type F oil

Too bad I wasn't earlier, could of shot the BS longer

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor