80 442 full powertrain swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I just installed EBC Yellows on a stock rotor with Afco oversized calipers.
Do the oversized calipers use a different pad that the ones for the stock size caliper?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Reactions: 1 user

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
Having an issue with TV cable. Ordered the wrong one for my 200 4r. Any one know if this will work with my 350 olds?
Screenshot_20210529-120832_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Having an issue with TV cable. Ordered the wrong one for my 200 4r. Any one know if this will work with my 350 olds? View attachment 176511
I believe that is the one I have used. Make sure you get it set where you want it the first try. Once the set screw is tightened, it crimps the cable, making it hard to move. As long as you have the geometry correction bracket, the extra cable length should work with any carb.

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
Good evening gentlemen, been pondering changing my TV cable and throttle cable and bracket from Lokar.
I think I am on the right track for cables just not sure if this will fit my 750 brawler.

Thank you

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Those look nice. Just make sure the TV cable has tension right at idle and full pull by full throttle.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Recently stumbled onto this build thread & love the effort.

One thing I never saw mentioned during the answers regarding the front lower arms w/the Tall BJ was other possible impact's the Tall BJ's have.

Did you purchase these yet or still on hold?

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
Recently stumbled onto this build thread & love the effort.

One thing I never saw mentioned during the answers regarding the front lower arms w/the Tall BJ was other possible impact's the Tall BJ's have.

Did you purchase these yet or still on hold?
Thank you, it's been an adventure. Taking a little longer than I wanted, lifes uncertainties puts a delay.

I am just trying to piece that puzzle together. I have hubs and knuckles from a blazer, now trying to pick pads,rotors and calipers. Leaning towards powerstop.

I keep going to the Spohn website, think I will be keeping it standard ball joints. Also looking at their steering kit. Since doing arms may as well change tie rods, center link and idler arm. Just not sure how they compare to moog.

Almost pulled the trigger last weekend, wanted to search more but haven't had the time this week. Hopefully Sunday I will do something.

Now with the serpentine kit from CVF,I have no fan. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Now need to go electric. Seen a thread here about them, some one said that F bodies fit perfectly. Looking at rockauto for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor