80 Cutlass SBC multiport turbo street/strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

NOT anymore.

Threw on a set of 706 heads after a valve grind and spring swap. Found the damage to the cam - WOW - cam was contacted by 5 rods when the timing chain stretched and went kaflooey. Obviously the cam went bye bye. Throwing out the old 230/226 .621/.621 and put in a 234/234 with the same lift with a 115LSA on a 111ICL. The extra .8 of compression with the bigger cam seems to operate at about the same at idle. Also threw in a pump and set of bearings. The concern of reused parts were the lifters. They too a beating, but seem fine but keeping an eye (ear) on them.

Hopefully a couple of test hits this weekend now that it has stopped snowing in May. I'll see if I can get the GoPro working :):)

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Didn't get any video's...yet..., but the lifters made it through two test drives. It appears the tune needed minor tweaking, but is okay. The second test run consisted of a 10 lb blast and all seems to be functioning as planned. The bigger cam is still driveable, most likely due to more compression, but it does have a loagey spot around 2000-2500 under load. It will cruise well at 2K, just not pull on light throttle - solved by a downshift though.

That's the downside (and it's 100% live-able), the upside though.......it's worth it. It light's off quicker and I can't describe how much fun this car is to drive. Comparing to my bone stock Monte with stock suspension, this is like a modern car. And the amount of go is just down right stupid silly. It gives me the feeling that all is OK in the world lol.

Videos will be coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
This a local facebook group with approx 5000 members that decided the Cutty was worth the cover photo for a month or two. This actually made Mom smile :):) This group is mostly high powered Vettes, Mustangs, rice rockets, etc. It made me feel great to see a G from the '80's make the cover!!!

ME :):)

As always, haven't updated often enough.
Damn I love those wheels. Love the cargo carrier!

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Damn I love those wheels. Love the cargo carrier!

Panasport G7 C5C direct from the Japan boat. Ordered lips and barrels to fit the G-body. I don't want to say how much he has invested in those 4 wheels - it's stupid.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Panasport G7 C5C direct from the Japan boat. Ordered lips and barrels to fit the G-body. I don't want to say how much he has invested in those 4 wheels - it's stupid.
I’ve played the 3-piece wheels game before... Not planning on doing it again anytime soon again! It really sets off your build though worth it when you get the fitment just right!👌

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
1598673530232.png

Almost doesn't look real, but a friend put this on Instagram a couple of moments ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor