80 Cutlass SBC multiport turbo street/strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
It's running with the new cam, upgraded fuel system, new headers, interior updates and rear. And a new set of wheels. If the weather comes a spredicted we might be driving within a week or two.
Hell yeah the cutlass is looking good man! I've been following the progress and loving it. One day i might boost mine (planned my fuel system around boost when upgrading to efi, then ran outta $$$ lol). Btw, what wheels are those? They look killer on there for sure!

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I really like your turbo placement, I wish i would have kept mine closer to the block. looking good!
Pictures? I like to see what else others have tried. FWIW, don't think that our placement is perfect, but rather functional. After getting everything wrapped and installed, except the turbo feed and drain lines, I discovered that the wastegate piping placement is a little less than optimal. We are going to have build a custom drain flange. We are using 5/8 pushlok hose, but it's rubbing on the frame presently. It isn't a big deal, but 3/4" difference on the wastegate pipe and I'd been fine.

But anyway, give me a link to your car or post some pics please - Jim

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It's been a while since I updated. We are in the the process of adding meth injection. A Snow Pwerformance stae 2 kit. Hopefully it will allowfor another 7-10 degrees of timing.

Bad news is I think our TC is on the way out. The stall speed seems to be increasing.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Thought I'd throw an update in. TC is still hanging in there so we added a meth injection kit. It really seems to like it. It took a weekend to get put on. We'll be hitting the dyno soon. We have worked on the cruising tune pretty hard. Can't get it to 20 mpg, but we are at 19. I think I need to run right against the knock sensor to max out the mpg.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Some weekend pics or 75 degree weather in the fingerlakes of Upstate
image (2).png
image (1).png

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Them wheels look great with that body color! Nice scenery as well.....might as well enjoy that weather in NY since you get plenty of winter blah!

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Upstate New York is beautiful country. Great looking Cutlass.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Thanks guys! Winter is coming, but I'm glad my son and his friends decided to go for a spur of the moment cruise and photo op. The Solara has a cranked up LS2 and is beyond rare, the Firebird is 100% factory original LS that is no slouch by any means, and the G-body is, well, not stock, worth less than both, home built and will whip them both hands down. But I'd take it over both in a second!

Some really nice photos overlooking Seneca Lake and some really great kids.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor