'80 El Camino, '88 Camaro 350 TPI headpipe recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Carabio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2019
I have an 80 El Camino with a ‘88 Camaro 350 TPI with the stock Camaro cast iron exhaust manifolds. I’m wondering what headpipe would fit the stock cast iron manifolds. It's basically a 2-1 from the headpipe to the '88 Camaro catalytic convertor. It's all emissions compliant. I’m using a modified ‘88 Camaro headpipe but it’s just temporary (10 years now). It was modified where the two head pipes are joined together in front of the catalytic converter. It seems restrictive and it looks funky. I was wondering if an earlier Camino 350 headpipe might fit or something else. I’ll probably need to modify whatever is available it to join to the Camaro cat. The V8 headpipe from a Camino might fit but I’m not sure. Plus, the 5th gen Caminos had 305 engines which might be a smaller pipe. I have some 3rd Gen Camaro Edelbrock smog headers but they hit the frame. Not really looking to go for dual headers. Any comments appreciated.

Last edited:

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I have a new y-pipe to dual exhaust rear exiting dual pipes that are placed on the sides of gas tank and hang with factory hangars on one of my mc's...not sure if you are looking for a exhaust manifold exchange or piping kit as mentioned?

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe your tpi exhaust manifolds are the same as the l69 h.o. 305 manifolds used on the monte ss. if so, i would use the monte ss "y" pipe. unfortunately, its discontinued.
More Information for WALKER 44866Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

left_arrow_white.png
Continue Shopping

Image of part

Reactions: 2 users

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
This is the set-up I have in excellent cond minus cat.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor