80 El Camino Bucket Seat Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson Dominy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2017
I have a pair of bucket seats out of a 78-81 cutlass but no tracks, I've found Corbeau seat brackets but heres my issue, the guy I purchased the car from 4 years ago had taken the factory bench out and put a 40/60 in, and I have 2 options for brackets, one says OEM bench and one is OEM bucket, so I don"t know which one I should get cause I don't know if the bucket brackets are for factory bucket mounts, or to be able to put buckets in. Just curious if anybody knows about these?

Dawson Dominy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2017
Also I have read that the factory mounts for the 40/60 are different than the bucket mounts, but I've also read that if your gbody has original 40/60 than factory bucket seats will bolt right up.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
You can also get the mounts/towers that were spot welded to the floor on bucket equipped g-bodies via the aftermarket.

Dawson Dominy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2017
You can also get the mounts/towers that were spot welded to the floor on bucket equipped g-bodies via the aftermarket.
If I were to get some of those I would still need the brackets since I don't have any tracks, correct?

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
If I were to get some of those I would still need the brackets since I don't have any tracks, correct?
Yes. Bucket seat swaps require the floor mount towers/stanchions, tracks, & some bucket seats.

1978-1988 inner bucket and 55/45 bench seat track floor mounts (set of 4).

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 141

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Also I have read that the factory mounts for the 40/60 are different than the bucket mounts, but I've also read that if your gbody has original 40/60 than factory bucket seats will bolt right up.
Floor mounting brackets are the same between split bench and buckets.
Only two of the four split bench seat tracks interchange for bucket seat use. Do your self a favor and search for "seat track differences " thread. Its a fantastic thread.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I don't know if the bucket brackets are for factory bucket mounts, or to be able to put buckets in
Get out the tape measure. Its the only way to know.

Dawson Dominy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2017
Floor mounting brackets are the same between split bench and buckets.
Only two of the four split bench seat tracks interchange for bucket seat use. Do your self a favor and search for "seat track differences " thread. Its a fantastic thread.
Ok and thank you, both of yall🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor