80 Grand Am Paint code 77L 77U62c1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamninja

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2010
Can anbody decipher this paint code: 77L 77U62c1
What color is this? According to PHS package the color is Agate red. I checked a friends GM paint catalogue and code 77 = cinnabar...WTF??????????
Also, the window sticker I got from PHS says Two-Tone on Lower Body. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Why would window sticker say Agate red? Can you direct me to a web site that shows cinnibar?

I first looked in my book (Catalog of Chevelle, Malibu & El Camino ID Numbers 1964-87). Then I did a Web search (1980 GM Paint Codes). Checked the site of Paintref.com. Looked under 1980 Pontiac.

Doug

Oh, my 1980 El Camino is Cinnabar red!

Can anybody tell me the paint colours and codes for this 80 Grand Am?

Attachments

• grandam2023.jpg
    grandam2023.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,146
Agate red/charcoal, all '80 Grand Am's had charcoal lowers standard regardless of upper color.

Randy W...any idea why the confusion with the paint code showing in the manual as cinnibar? Do you know the paint code for Agate red?

Let me back up, and just say this, code 77 is Cinnabar not agate, my mistake, the charcoal is code 84. Also, just from appearances your car looks way more like code 79 Red Orange than Cinnabar. Pictures will fool you sometimes and it could be a repaint. :wink:
Also in this case the upper and lower refers to what would have been considered two tone, what you have is a trim color for the Grand Am package and as such isn't always considered the lower color. In other words the whole car is painted one color then the trim color is added.

I am puzzled as to why PHS documentation, window sticker states "code 77 agate red" when code 77 is cinnabar??? When I leafed through my buddies GM paint book for 1980 no agate red is listed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor