Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinjames

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2018
Hey guys new to the forum here and i look forward to seeing some great kick *ss g bodies!

With that being said, ive recently picked up a 1980 regal to use as my chassis for my current build. I love me a(n A) G body but i will be honest. The nose of this car is pretty dang fugly!

My buddy and i were trying to figure out if we could swap the nose cone to a later model regal nose? Something more similar to the GN/T type with the marker lights on the headlight bucket assembly?

And from there replace the front bumper with a fiberglass deal trimmed back in to be tighter against the car and really just sleek/clean it up a little..

Any feedback would be awesome/really appreciated before i go look for a donor car to swap the nose out on.

....and no im not trying to do a GN clone, i understand it is a completely different car but again. The front end of this car is beyond ugly with the giant demo derby chrome bumper and trim and i just want to see what my options are to really make it look.. "More sporty," i guess.

If anyone has any pictures that would be great!

Thanks
-Justin

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since the fenders, hood and header panel etc. are completely different from 78'-80' Regal's to later model years none of the parts will be interchangeable about the only option to get that look would be replacing the complete front clip off a later model Regal otherwise you could just clean up the look of your current front end and I believe someone sells fiberglass bumpers that give it a "tucked" look.

Justinjames

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2018
Since the fenders, hood and header panel etc. are completely different from 78'-80' Regal's to later model years none of the parts will be interchangeable about the only option to get that look would be replacing the complete front clip off a later model Regal otherwise you could just clean up the look of your current front end and I believe someone sells fiberglass bumpers that give it a "tucked" look.

I was picking up a new hood regardless. Would have looked into a header panel if need be and whatever other parts off of a donor car but the whole front clip might be a no go. (Fenders incl)

I just want it to have a cleaner more muscular look rather than an old lady luxury cruiser.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
You could put a Cutlass clip on it 78 or 79 would look good with the single headlights or..... The header panels are all fiberglass start cutting and gluing so to speak.

Reactions: 1 user

Justinjames

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2018
You could put a Cutlass clip on it 78 or 79 would look good with the single headlights or..... The header panels are all fiberglass start cutting and gluing so to speak.

Does the cutlass nose cone interchange?

Justinjames

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2018
My car in its current state has the bumper filler gaps-BAD!

Is anyone just pulling in/tucking the bumpers and eliminating the bumper fillers?

I think bringing everything in would look pretty slick..

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I personally love the look of the 84' and up Regal and held out just to find the right project car, I would not have been able to settle for a 78'-80'
20180114_172008-1_resized_1.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Justinjames

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2018
I personally love the look of the 84' and up Regal and held out just to find the right project car, I would not have been able to settle for a 78'-80'
View attachment 82042

"Unfortunately," i couldnt pass the deal up on the 80 as it was a backroad barn find and i have enough money in my drivetrain, fuel system from the s10 and wheels and tires that i basically had to settle for what i could afford to build to an extent..

I absolutely love the swooping rear quarters on the 78-80 regals, and cuttys and montes of the same years, im just trying to determine how i can improve the sleekness in the face of the car without spending 3x what i paid for the car originally and still keep it somewhat recognizable. Small modifications are no big deal as long as theres some margin for error. Fabrication doesnt really bother me its the idea of spending a bunch on a body of the car when i really purchased it because of the chassis anyway.

My best option may be to black out everything in front. Fill in header panel after removing hood ornament and tuck the front and rear fiberglass bumpers as well as i can..

Do the later body style (84/87) regal bumpers (@ least front) fit these cars with minor modification? Vfns site makes even the glass bumpers look more sleek for the later model cars. Maybe do this and put amber colored parking lights in the bumper rather than clear..

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I've seen a pic of a g body buick wagon, century or estate wagon with an 81-87 regal nose on it. With a little work, it can be done.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Or just modify the front bumper, norrow, tuck and paint it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor