80 Regal Somerset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Awesome car, hopefully the cooling system is upgraded for the 403. You guys get dam hot there.

Reactions: 1 user

I-AM-JD

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2020
Sacramento CA
Hey guys. New Gbody owner out of AZ. Got my Regal back in December (it's also my 1st car) been working on it and learning a lot since then. I'm the 3rd owner and the guy I bought it from did the 403 swap from a 77 Electra beforehand so it's been pretty solid. So far I've had to replace the powersteering pump & box and rebuild the steering column but it's still my daily driver and I'm loving every minute of it. Currently been having some electrical issues Going to repaint it eventually since I've already invested in new fillers all around and eventually gona swap the wheels for some wires but thats all in time.
View attachment 153195 View attachment 153196 View attachment 153197 View attachment 153198 View attachment 153199 View attachment 153200 View attachment 153201
Hey where did you find the fillers?

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Welcome nice regal
Always liked the color combo
Also like that Olds 403

Reactions: 1 users

trailforyou

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Awesome car, hopefully the cooling system is upgraded for the 403. You guys get dam hot there.
Sadly the AC just went out about 3 weeks ago. The compressor isn't staying engaged so it's blowing but just hot. I think it's something electrical related because I pulled into work one day and the ignition chime (the sound that's made when you have the key in the ignition, don't know if there's a better term for it) stayed on with the keys out. I went into the dash and unplugged the box that was making the noise, but then the radio wouldn't light up or work at all. So I tried reconnecting the chime box and well now it's not making a chime but the radio still doesn't work. And testing it with an electrical probe, the radio connections didn't show any charge. I'm thinking its related to the ground wiring or something since it all went out around the same time but I could be wrong.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Check the radio fuse, could have been a surge and blew it.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Sadly the AC just went out about 3 weeks ago. The compressor isn't staying engaged so it's blowing but just hot. I think it's something electrical related because I pulled into work one day and the ignition chime (the sound that's made when you have the key in the ignition, don't know if there's a better term for it) stayed on with the keys out. I went into the dash and unplugged the box that was making the noise, but then the radio wouldn't light up or work at all. So I tried reconnecting the chime box and well now it's not making a chime but the radio still doesn't work. And testing it with an electrical probe, the radio connections didn't show any charge. I'm thinking its related to the ground wiring or something since it all went out around the same time but I could be wrong.
Is AC charged? If low, either doesn't engage, and/or only blows hot.
BTW: Welcome to GBF from Seattle, Wa., '78 Caballero and '79 El Camino.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor