80'ish draw thru 231 (3.8L) set up in junk yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I just got back from Dallas PnP. I found an complete draw thru system. The numbers say its off an 81 Riv. Both exhaust manifolds, the upper plenum, the manifold to turbo pipe and the exhaust head pipe were all there. I didn't see the lower plenum (intake manifold) but it may be in the car still. Even the air filter housing was there. If theres interest I can go grab it and ship it for someone. The car also had a set of hedders for an H-body but they might work on a G and A Weiand single plane intake. It looks like someone was running this car around as a 4BBL with hedders, then was going to swap it to the turbo set up but didn't quite make it. Heads were in there a fresh crank as well as a new GM turbo cam. The turbo had a reman for GM tag on it. The cam and crank had surface rust of course. Message me for info etc

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
Here's the upper and turbo and 1 manifold

Attachments

• IMG_20180909_155409450.jpg
    IMG_20180909_155409450.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 539

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
If all the stuff is indeed for a Riv then it's probably not worth getting any of it unless you have a guaranteed sale. As none of it will fit a Gbody save for mabey the air cleaner. I made that mistake once and bought a complete motor from a 79 turbo Riv from my local U pull it thinking I'd make some money out of it, needless to say I lost money on that deal as I wound up having to scrap most of it. Sad to say theres really no demand for the stuff as it only fits a Riv and theres not a lot of them out there and there not popular. A few parts that may be worth grabbing if there are the electronic turbo controller mounted on the rad support , distributor if its still the turbo one, carb (again if its the correct one) and the hobbs switch if its good (controls the boost lights in the cluster) even those can be a hard sell , not a lot of carb turbo guys out there, well buick v6 carb turbo anyhow.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
There is good reason why that stuff is in the junk pile! I would not waist your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor