80s GM G Body for a project...good or bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
also, Original parts group has a Regal Family (GN, T-Type, base) specific catalog you can order. they have a ton of stuff, but pretty pricey so it depends on what your are willing to spend.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I wish Edelbrock would either bring them back or sell the design to someone who would. If they were still out I'd have them instead of manifolds.

Wish that would happen too, I have a used set that I bought before they were discontinued. Hooker also used to make direct fit headers for G bodies too, and were even better than the TES ones. I think Hedman makes emission legal long tube headers for G bodies, but they are not direct fit with the factory exhaust.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I think Hedman makes emission legal long tube headers for G bodies, but they are not direct fit with the factory exhaust.
Yea, Hedman is the only one to make a set with AIR tubes. I believe that is the reason most of the "long tube" headers have the collectors near the bellhousing flange so the could be tied into a stock system but still need some engineering to cross over.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor