Yes, I had started to modify, then make, a bracket, but space was tight and it looked crappy. With the thicker aluminum valve covers, I could drill and tap some holes. I used red Loctite to hold the stainless studs in the holes, and no oil is seeping so no issues. The oil seen is from the breather. Aluminum spacers keep the coils off the surface, then stainless washers and acorn nuts finish it off.
Haven't gotten too much done lately, between the Denali transmission fiasco, the daughters 03 Monte SS P0300 repairs , and work, progress has been slow. But, I did pick up 8 LS truck coils, and the interface for the coil on plug ignition. I just have to get new wire ends for the brand new...
Update time. I've finished installing the PCV and crankcase Evac catch cans. I have mounted the pump and bracket under the battery behind the bumper, using some stainless steel hardware. I bought the 6an and 10an hose, fittings, and npt adapters from fleabay. Now, these aren't the real expensive stuff, like Fragola or even the moderately priced Summit brand, both of which I have on the car. My reasoning, these aren't going to see much pressure or vacuum. The downside. the fittings OD aren't as big as the higher quality fittings. So, I went and drilled them out.
Here are the fittings and hose I received.
Here you can see the before and after of the NPT to 6an and 10an adapters.
Here is the tight radius 10an elbof for the passenger side valve cover, i is really close to the turbo bracket, but clearance is clearance.
The drivers side valve cover with the hose and fitting. The downside, I have to remove this hose and fitting when adding oil to the engine. I really should pull the valve covers, and weld in 10an fittings, but this will work for this season.
A few shots of the 10an to NPT adapters threaded into the evac pump. The safety wire was to keep from splitting the plastic when tapping the threads, and inserting the fittings. I used some heat shrink with adhesive to cover it up.
Some final pics of the hoses and catch cans all wrapped up. Ill repaint the underhood brace when the weather warms a few more degrees. The pcv hoses are using fuel injection clamps where the hose mates to the vacuum tubing and pcv check valve. It look cleaner, and clamps more evenly.
I'll have a video soon on my YouTube, I added a video of the battery hold down I made also.
Worked on the front frame brace finally. I already had the f41 bars and the cross bar. The would fit with the PTE intercooler. So, I modified the passenger side bar. I used another hounded bar and cat the bend out, so it fits around the intercooler. Forgot to take more pics, I filming video.
After tig welding it back together, I ground the welds smooth, and fit it in there. Only after tapping the frame with a 7/16-14 tap. I used the crossbar, and cut it to fit.
It's all welded up, and I'll paint today.
With the frame boxed like it is, who know if this is necessary, but I wanted them on there.
GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.