BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
What can I say other than it looks absolutely friggin' awesome....and WOW!!
It's been a long time coming and all your hard work has finally paid off. :notworthy:
I love the color...:friday:cheers to a job well done.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Thanks guys. I've had a black wagon, and wanted something different. I've changed color choices on this a few times. Originally was gonna do a burnt orange/copper, but my 32 Ford is that color.

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Well, I got a late start, but yesterday was a long day. So, I'll be in the garage at home to make progress on the trim parts. They need to be epoxied the satin black.

I have the sill plates in plasti dip, this way they should be a little more wear friendly. I also used the plasti dip on the chrome beaded trim that goes at the rear quarter glass.

IMG_20170122_101540.jpg
The quarter trim is in the front.

IMG_20170122_101616.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Amazing progress! Inspiration to those of us currently folding laundry and cleaning bathrooms....daydreaming can be dangerous!

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Jim, excellent work. What more can be said than that?

Cyber Grey Metallic is an incredible colour, pearlescent from the factory. First saw it on a ZR1, and we had to have it on Natasha's 2015 Colorado. This wagon is going to look epic in the sun and shade.

As for the Plastidip, it should wear very well. We 'Dipped all of the badges on Natasha's truck and it has held up very well day-to-day. For those reading at home, make sure you soak the cans in hot water before use as it helps the solids flow more easily. Same goes for truck bed coating in a can.

• Informative

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Thanks guys.

And yes, I should do some laundry too, lol. You'll get back on it I'm sure.

The color has a ton of Metallic and pearl, and your right, it really pops in the sun.

Good to hear the plasti dip wears well, I just wanted something that wouldn't scratch real easy on the sill plates. And a good tip on the hot water, it does make a difference.

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
It appears Scott and Donovan are also working on their grills, as am I. I blasted mine to get off the chrome plating since it was in poor shape, it was green and peeling. Then I coated them in epoxy, and then some high build 2k. I'll work on sanding them during the week. And if you guys have seen some of our other members threads, this will be a 5+ hour process.

So, some pics in high build 2k.

IMG_20170122_170225.jpg

I also blasted the brand new plate pocket. I removed the jankey foam gasket, then also painted with epoxy and 2k. I'll be used 3m strip caulk for the gasket and to keep water out.

And finally, the door handles and hatch glass handle. These were all blasted of thier chrome plating. They also have the same epoxy and 2k treatment. The handles have some extra work to do yet, but not too much. Keen eyes will notice something different about them.

IMG_20170122_170254.jpg

IMG_20170122_170245.jpg

All four look the same. I should get some additional work done on these and the other trim during the week.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor