BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Sounds like another 200 I had, no 1-2 till I let out. It had a broken band. I like the CKP kit, I got the other upgraded parts also since I wanna keep throwing power at it as time goes on, and I like the piece of mind. A broken quite a few of these transmissions.

Work of advice, grab a book if you dont know the trans by heart, and plan on ot taking a while. I had to order different size thrust washers to get the clearances right and that took time.

Finally, thanks for the compliment, but the car is Cyber Grey Metallic. A newer GM color.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike, its a 17x11 wheel with a 315-35/17 tire, nt555 extreme. The frame is also notched with the wheel well lips removed and rewelded.

Man, for some reason they look tall for a 35-series tire? Awesome none the less.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Thanks. Its been raining in PA since Nov 2017, so who know when I can get a good test drive in. But I will keep the thread updated.

As I said, I have to repair the A/C again. Last year, right after repainting the PTE SLIC, the high pressure line sprung a leak at the connection the the condenser. Not sure it it was the o-ring, or the fitting cracked or what, but it srayed green dyed refrigerant oil all over the intercooler and jacked the paint up. I never dug into it to see what the deal was, the A/C lines are repops from Highway Stars, but they aren't the same quality and thickness as the OEM, so its possible the line has a crack in the aluminum.

I wish I could get to the interior this year, but building 3 houses has eaten all my time, I'll be lucky to get some seat time in it.

• Sad

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
I'm glad to see that the trans build came out well. I'm still at a stalemate with mine. So it's temporarily put on hold for now.

Sorry to hear that the weather has sucked lately. I don't blame you for wanting to avoid driving in the crappy weather...especially if you plan to get on it a little.
Hope you get your A/C squared away.

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Jim,
I'm glad to see that the trans build came out well. I'm still at a stalemate with mine. So it's temporarily put on hold for now.

Sorry to hear that the weather has sucked lately. I don't blame you for wanting to avoid driving in the crappy weather...especially if you plan to get on it a little.
Hope you get your A/C squared away.
Jack, for the short test drive the trans seems great. I got tired of trusting other people to do my transmissions because I didn't have time and ending up with sh*t. I remember you were rebuilding yours, but have been held up. It is STILL raining, is record setting the amount of rain central/eastern PA has been getting.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
I'm glad it worked out for you. I remember the awful experience you had with Monster Transmission. I knew they would be the last people you'd ever deal with again.
I noticed that the weather up in the northeast had been rainy and shitty to say the least.
Also flooding down in Houston and Louisiana. No climate change, right?
Hope you get an opportunity soon to get a good test drive in. Where the heck is all this rain coming from?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Where the heck is all this rain coming from?

Sunday morning the temp was 40 at 6am. Since then we have seen a high of 46 and nothing lower than 40, and almost 3" of rain. My kid's 414 has turned in to a 415 and I need to seat the rings, not in this weather though.

I hate to say it, I still have a trustworthy transmission guy. It saves us alot of time. Money, I can't say for sure. How much is in yours, and I'll let you know lol. This past winter we had the converter re-worked and the trans gone through. The trans was working fine, but was starting to get a little softer from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd. Clutches needed to be replaced. Other than that, all of the CK parts are holding up. We'll see how it holds up with another 700 of dead stall.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Its hard to find a good trans guy, I know this, and especially local. I'll be building my own from now on.

As far as how much I have in it, good question. Gotta be 2k with the converter. I tried to not add it up, and just buy what was known to fail.

Side note, I recieved my oil drain line from gbodyparts, not quite what I thought, but it will work for what I need after some mods. Pics to come later.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
So here are the fittings I received with the turbo oil drain line kit.

2afe0d89417874aae492da384ee27e8f.jpg

The aluminum flange adapter, which is 1/2npt, and these hose nipples which have the same thread, but are necked way down internally. The hole on the block is 1/2 npt also (the adapter).

730e2b61cb84db4a5294b840720ecb61.jpg

The recommended size is -10 or 5/8", but the block hole isn't that big anyway. My plan is to open up the nipples to 1/2"+ on the id, and knife edge them for flow. Should work fine after that.
3e16e508dcf280adfd85f5a5c939acb6.jpg

04091fd90f75ef33886c1a6e9b350a38.jpg

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'd be welding/tigging a barb fitting onto that. That's not enough area to clamp reliably IMO. What kind of hose are you using for return hose?

2K in trans and converter? We are working on double that +500. But the trans has 18K on it, been rolled over a couple of times, been abused more than I care to say, and has the most invigorating 1st-2nd shift I've ever felt in a street car (2nd-3rd is bad either). I have to thank a guy by the name of Steve Smith - trans guru.

I have a spare in the shed that intend to build/dive into at some point for a mildish build. Just don't have the time......someday :):)

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor