BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Made the temporary mount for the alky tank. Over next winter in my new shop I'll fabricate the stainless tank, this will work for now though. It not real fancy, but it will work.

My front tires and rear diff also came in.

I believe this is a 3 quart tank.

IMG_20180411_160947.jpg

IMG_20180411_160944.jpg

IMG_20180411_160940.jpg

IMG_20180411_210102.jpg

Summit parts.

IMG_20180411_175742.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I am using whatever Tapatalk uses?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I uploaded right to Gbody, I'll try and fix the other posts.

Mounted and balanced the front tires.

IMG_20180412_094741.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good, Jim!
I've got plenty of factory steel bumper shims if you want a few...
Thank you sir! I appreciate it! I found just 4 factory aluminum shims, I may use those with a few washers. I used some fender shims on the bolts to fine tune the gap between the fender and the bumper. I can't use all or shims, so I may be able to get away with 2 aluminum on each side, and them the fender shims. I'll try it out and let you know.

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
What kind of wheels are those? They look just like fr500s for mustangs.
They are FR500s, they were cheap, and with the funky mustang backspacing and the the 1.25" adapers, the rear wheels are centered perfect in the wheel well with the frame notch.

Now, I just realized my old front wheels were 17x8, and these are 17x9. The 17x8s we're perfect. But with the wider fronts, the tires/wheels are really close to the fender lip now. That extra inch may be bad. I am looking at getting thinner adapters to pull the front wheels back in.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
They are FR500s, they were cheap, and with the funky mustang backspacing and the the 1.25" adapers, the rear wheels are centered perfect in the wheel well with the frame notch.

Now, I just realized my old front wheels were 17x8, and these are 17x9. The 17x8s we're perfect. But with the wider fronts, the tires/wheels are really close to the fender lip now. That extra inch may be bad. I am looking at getting thinner adapters to pull the front wheels back in.

It is a horrible dance.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor