BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So nice maybe I'll see it sometime this summer at a show or something my daughters like road trips

Reactions: 1 users

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
interesting engine Limiter, I have one on my BB, but is a typical type, i have a strut bolted to the cyl head to a bracket off the frame just to keep it from twisting in the mounts.
Car is awesome, Loving the color, Great Job!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
So nice maybe I'll see it sometime this summer at a show or something my daughters like road trips

You never know, I don't know where you are located, but I definitely plan on getting it out this summer. The interior won't be done, but I'll be driving it!

interesting engine Limiter, I have one on my BB, but is a typical type, i have a strut bolted to the cyl head to a bracket off the frame just to keep it from twisting in the mounts.
Car is awesome, Loving the color, Great Job!
Yes, RJC racing has some interesting products. Sine the 3.8 has the BOP bell housing, and the 200-4R has both Chevy and BOP, this bracket uses the upper left Chevy bolt hole (unused), and the lower left bolt hole. It has a pad you adjust to the frame rail, with a nice chunk of rubber on it. You can make it not touch so it just hits, or adjust it to touch. I am unsure on how I will run it till I start beating on it a bit and see what feels better. With so much crap on the LC2 engine, there is no good spot to put a limiter, and guys run a ratchet strap to the alternator bracket, really hokey since it breaks stuff that way.
I love the color the more I look at it, thank you for the compliments!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
You never know, I don't know where you are located, but I definitely plan on getting it out this summer. The interior won't be done, but I'll be driving it!

Yes, RJC racing has some interesting products. Sine the 3.8 has the BOP bell housing, and the 200-4R has both Chevy and BOP, this bracket uses the upper left Chevy bolt hole (unused), and the lower left bolt hole. It has a pad you adjust to the frame rail, with a nice chunk of rubber on it. You can make it not touch so it just hits, or adjust it to touch. I am unsure on how I will run it till I start beating on it a bit and see what feels better. With so much crap on the LC2 engine, there is no good spot to put a limiter, and guys run a ratchet strap to the alternator bracket, really hokey since it breaks stuff that way.
I love the color the more I look at it, thank you for the compliments!
m
I'm about an hour or 45 minutes east of you I think I'm just outside point pleasant N.J your just outside Philly right?

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
m
I'm about an hour or 45 minutes east of you I think I'm just outside point pleasant N.J your just outside Philly right?
Yes sir, in Bucks County.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I pretty much spent my TDY money already. I bought new AC hoses and compressor from Highway Stars, along with some decals and a new turn signal stalk. I ordered a few things from Kirbans, like a battery hold down. I also ordered paint sealant, wax and stuff from Autogeek. Bi am now working on getting the headliner material and DAP weldwood to do the headliner. It should hopefully all be at my hose for me when I get home.

Reactions: 3 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
There is a lot in this thread, some just general chit chat, but a bunch of custom touches. If you've got the time, please go on ahead and read through!

make sure you pack a lunch! :popcorn: once you start the thread, you won't want to stop!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Hi Jim,

Headliner material? Do you have a good headliner base or did you have to build a new one? Isn't the headliner on the wagons basically yardage material glued to the hardboard headliner base?

I have a ways to go before all that but I'm interested because I need to build a new hardboard base for my car and was wondering what the hot ticket is?

Scott. ...

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Scott, I am buying the foam backed fabric used for headliners. I have a usable headliner board, front and rear, to glue the new material too. I'll try and take a ton of pictures when it do it.

Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
After a few weeks away, I'm getting back on it. Starting to work on the emergency brakes tonight. I took the emergency brake lever off of the backing plate, and it am going to modify it to accept the stock cable. I'll also fabricate a bracket to hold it to the lower control arm. Pics by to come later tonight.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor