BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon More Parts, More Pics! Update 4/17/1

Space is always an issue. But, on the bright side for me, after the wagon is together this year, that will free up a ton of space. Then when I get the 70 Monte Carlo in the garage over the winter and next summer, that will free up even more, and I will have room to work. To many friggin cars apart! :x

As far as the trim clip, I have come to the conclusion like you and Blake, that I am gonna just run the windshield clips. Since they appear to work. Blake had pointed that out before. I just have to weld the rivets in the right spots.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Passenger side hinge is done, here a just a few progress pics. You can see what I cut out and welded in. I'll blast them again and epoxy prime and ceramic chassis paint them.

dagunuby.jpg

4utu9y3u.jpg

ade6yveh.jpg

a4ehu4ed.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

More parts. Got my DUTT neck for the intercooler. I won't do this for a few months I think. I will wait till the engine is out for the chassis restoration, and I can work on it then while everything is easily accessible. :D

ve6ebata.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Did a bunch of epoxy priming and ceramic chassis painting on Friday before a road trip. I'll snap some pics later. :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Here are a few of those pictures I promised. I made a temp rack for my lift to paint everything, then moved them inside to cure for a few days while I was in Boston.

A/C box heat shield.

abe5egeg.jpg

eju3abaz.jpg

Brake pedal braket, cruise vacuum servo bracket, hydroboost and vacuum brake pedals.

y8ude2u9.jpg

Rear sway bar bushing brackets and shims.

3egegy2u.jpg

Hood hinges.

ebyme9up.jpg

One of the spindle assemblies.

aje4aqy3.jpg

I blasted (black diamond), cleaned, and used Eastwood epoxy primer and ceramic chassis paint.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Everything looks good, Jim.
You're having too much fun, I could tell. :lol:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

:D Thanks jack. I am just trying to get all the small things blasted and painted so they have sufficient time to cure. It has been raining like crazy here, so I won't really get too much done. :( I hope to start separating the body from the frame in a few days, I am anxious to get it onto the rotisserie. :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Here are a few pics of the front control arms from my malibu wagon. 6 years ago or so I media blasted (aluminum oxide), then did the whole procedure for POR-15. I had to use paint stripper to get it off, but here is what I found.

Paint stripper doing its thing.

e6yta6eq.jpg

5edazety.jpg

Nice rust popping throug the POR-15.

u5adyres.jpg

6uzybady.jpg

What is under it.

u3yba2eb.jpg

3usa3ere.jpg

u7eje6a9.jpg

I don't want my thread getting loaded up with why this happened. I used all their supplies, and correct steps. Except these parts were sandblasted. Glad I stripped it off.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Jim,
I always thought POR15 kept rust at bay...or neutralized. :? You got your control arms cleaned up nicely. It's always a pleasure to work with clean freshly painted parts. Good to see you making progress.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Same here Jack. Nothing lasts forever. I will toss these in my blast cabinet, then paint them with hammerite. I have another set I will blast and paint with Eastwood ceramic chassis paint in case the hammerite looks like dookie.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor