BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon BODY IS ON ROTISSERIE Update 5/8/14

87 GN said:
Looking good Jim!

I think I have 2 extra body bushing repair washers from when I made my repairs. If your interested let me know I can see if I can dig them up I think I got them from gbodyparts.

I absolutely am! It would save me from making two! I appreciate it Ed. PM me if you can find them.

Jim

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona

Did the previous owner section the frame in the rear or just beat the smack out of it? Can't really tell but I'm thinkin you'd have to be a determined SOB to beat the thing into submission? Some people are motivated. ...

I really enjoy taking these cars apart, very therapeutical. Reassembly is therapeutical as well but it has a price tag attached and the blonde scrutinizing the checkbook. Well Jim, there's no turning back now. ...

Is your lift outside? If I can ever find a two post at the right price I'm gonna stick one outside too. Power washing in Arizona summers is a great way to cool down. ...

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :)

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I got some little progress done. I had to help a friend out and rebuild his Dana 30 and Dana 44 axles for his Jeep. So, I could only work a few hours yesterday after helping the Wife clean my big *ss house. On Friday I picked up a used Alradco aluminum radiator from a guy on the turbobuick boards. I will just clean it up and I have a fin comb to clean up the few fins. These pictures make it look dirtier than it really is in person. This thing is 3 inches thick.

011.JPG

001.JPG

I pulled the engine, trans, drive shaft, and most of the exhaust. Then had to put it away out of the weather. I just have to yank the rear and front suspension. The lines are all unbolted just need to be pulled from the frame rails. No pics, sorry, lol

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Frame is stripped down. I hope to be dropping this and some other stuff to the blaster tomorrow. :D

nadeneze.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon BODY IS ON ROTISSERIE Update 5/13/14

Well, I dropped off the frame, radiator support, cross member, and 3 bumpers, 2 front and the rear, to the blaster. Got it all back. :D The frame looks great, hardly any real rust was on it, short of the 2 body mounts and the left rear rail . the rad support has some corrosion and a few holes I have to fix. The bumpers have the chrome etched real good, but not completely blasted off the front. The backside of the bumpers are either to metal or copper.

I didn't take any pics. But will when I get to epoxy prime them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

if you have a welder it'd be a good time to add to the factory welds on the chassis and weld the areas they forgot...

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

pontiacgp said:
if you have a welder it'd be a good time to add to the factory welds on the chassis and weld the areas they forgot...

Oh, I do. I'll be rewelding ALL the factory welds, boxing the rails, bracing the rear control arm mounts, and notching the frame to the seam, replacing the outer part of the smashed rails there with 1/4" steel. Then I will "massage" the wheel wells to match the frame. I'll be a welding fool on Sunday. :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Placed my order from inline tube. 1/2' fuel feed line, 3/8" return, 5/16" vent/vapor, 3/16" brake, clamps, braided hose for the frame to axle. All stainless :D hope it gets here pretty quick, I need to get this chassis back together.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

when I did all my brake lines I used cunifer brake line. It's easy to bend and will never corrode..

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

pontiacgp said:
when I did all my brake lines I used cunifer brake line. It's easy to bend and will never corrode..

I have used that on some side jobs I have done. If I could get it in the bigger sizes, I think I would have bought that instead. I couldn't find 1/2" sizes. I was anal with all the lines matching, :|

You are right though, that stuff bends nice, stays looking nice, and is easy to flare.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor