BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon BODY IS ON ROTISSERIE Update 5/13/14

liquidh8 said:
Placed my order from inline tube. 1/2' fuel feed line, 3/8" return, 5/16" vent/vapor, 3/16" brake, clamps, braided hose for the frame to axle. All stainless :D hope it gets here pretty quick, I need to get this chassis back together.

Check the ends/fittings on this lines from inline tube. I used classic tubes lines after reading this thread.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/thread ... 623/page-2

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

87 GN said:
liquidh8 said:
Placed my order from inline tube. 1/2' fuel feed line, 3/8" return, 5/16" vent/vapor, 3/16" brake, clamps, braided hose for the frame to axle. All stainless :D hope it gets here pretty quick, I need to get this chassis back together.

Check the ends/fittings on this lines from inline tube. I used classic tubes lines after reading this thread.

I will read through the thread. The stuff I bought Ed is just bulk line, I didn't get a pre-bent kit.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

liquidh8 said:
87 GN said:
liquidh8 said:

I will read through the thread. The stuff I bought Ed is just bulk line, I didn't get a pre-bent kit.

Good deal you should be fine then.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I plan on welding on the -8 AN fitting to the feed of the rail, then running hard line with a tube nut and sleeve, down to the DS front of the engine, same with the return, a short piece of Teflon braided line, then to the hard line. I really wont be using 45* double flares anywhere on the fuel system. I'll be using the double flares on the brake lines though.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada

I haven't popped in this thread for awhile....nice work Jim...good to see the body off!

I can't believe how much your dad looks like my uncle...the resemblance is almost scary....my uncles is a huge car guy with a few restos under his belt...66 Impala SS rag, 51 Chev truck, 49 Chev Truck...

Keep up the good work!!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

O. D. Showtime said:
I haven't popped in this thread for awhile....nice work Jim...good to see the body off!

I can't believe how much your dad looks like my uncle...the resemblance is almost scary....my uncles is a huge car guy with a few restos under his belt...66 Impala SS rag, 51 Chev truck, 49 Chev Truck...

Keep up the good work!!
Thank you! I am glad to finally be at this point.

Lol, my dad is his younger days used to really resemble Burt Reynolds. He too has a LOOONNGGG list of cars he has restored, raced and owned. His current inventory is a 32 Ford 5 window, 55 Chevy 210 (wzz502 and tubed), 56 Chevy convertible, 57 ford Fairlane 500 convertible and a 63 Nova convertible.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I have made some progress, no real pictures though. I re-welded all the factory seams on the front half of the frame, I ran out of wire so had to stop. I am almost done making my boxing plates for the frame, It has been raining on and off here, and I do my plasma cutting outside to save on the mess inside, so it has been 30 minutes here and there. :( . The frame is in Eastwood's epoxy primer till I get all the fab and welding done. That stuff is tough, I have been hitting it with a hammer and dropping sh*t on it and it is not chipping or scratching. :D.

I still have to get a piece of 1/4" for the notch.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

just in case you overlooked this you need to have an access hole in the boxing plate for the bushing that is in the middle of the C channel.

for the 1/4" are there any metal supermarkets in your area?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

pontiacgp said:
just in case you overlooked this you need to have an access hole in the boxing plate for the bushing that is in the middle of the C channel.
Thank you for the reminder, I did remember it. I have to put a curve in that part of the plate to fit the contour of the frame rail also.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I got lazy and just put a V in the side plate to access the bushing so I didn't have to finesse that curve..the top of the V straddled that buldge

and one other thing I forgot to do was to weld a couple of bars across the C channels when you weld the plates on so the C channels don't warp on you

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor