BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon More Parts, More Pics! Update 5/2/14

You're moving right along, Jim.
Before you know it, the body will be mounted up on the rotisserie.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Jack, I'll have some pictures tonight at the end of the night. I have the rear of the body on part of the rotisserie, and the front real high on a plank and jacks stands. Just waiting on my Father to stop by and lend a hand getting the chassis out from under it. :D I am soooo happy to finally be at this point at least. :D :p

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

eteve3em.jpg

The angle of the picture makes it looks like it's sagging, it is not.

daqy5y6u.jpg

e5umyne9.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

I'm happy for you buddy.
Seeing the fixture connected to the rear of the body is a good sign indeed.
It's looks like the height is adjustable too...cool!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I've got the chassis separated from the body, and on the rotisserie. Awesome!

u5asybed.jpg

quick picture with my dad, and my son photobombing him.

e4yny8e4.jpg

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona

I remember those days! Good for you, it always feels good to really sink your teeth into it. I'll say this much, this proves you're committed. In my case, the blonde says I should be committed.

Out of curiosity, what's the little rod on your rotisserie? I have a rotisserie but I don't recall the rod. Looks like there's a tab on the top and the bottom goes through the cross bar? I'm intrigued. ...

Scott, ...

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :wink:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

ssbrewskyaz said:
I remember those days! Good for you, it always feels good to really sink your teeth into it. I'll say this much, this proves you're committed. In my case, the blonde says I should be committed.

Out of curiosity, what's the little rod on your rotisserie? I have a rotisserie but I don't recall the rod. Looks like there's a tab on the top and the bottom goes through the cross bar? I'm intrigued. ...

Scott, ...

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :wink:

Scott, that is the truth. I have had the car for a few years now, and I am just now at a spot in time where I can spend a bunch of time on it to get it done.

As far as the rotisserie, that bar is a long threaded rod, used to adjust the CG (center of gravity) of the body so it spins easy. I can spin the body with one hand on the rocker panel :D I have a thread with what I did to build it here on the boards, I'll be adding these few pictures to bring it up to speed.

I'll get some pictures of the chassis tonight, it is raining here now so they wont be the best pics. :(

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon BODY IS ON ROTISSERIE Update 5/8/14

Figured I would add a few more pictures of the rolling chassis. I have 2 body mount hole to fix, the ones fight after the rear. The left rear frame rail has got some bad rot also. I will be boxing the frame, rewelding the factory welds, and nothing it to the seam with 1/4" plate. The frame rails were smashed in by the previous owner.

jype9anu.jpg

nada4ehe.jpg

Body mount hole.

5ubumyze.jpg

Body mount hole.

butanequ.jpg

Rotted left rear frame rail. You can see the rot and the daylight through the bottom where the seam is.

a3ebuqev.jpg

Smashed in frame rail.

yva8uqah.jpg

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon BODY IS ON ROTISSERIE Update 5/8/14

Looking good Jim!

I think I have 2 extra body bushing repair washers from when I made my repairs. If your interested let me know I can see if I can dig them up I think I got them from gbodyparts.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor