81 cutlass it had a 225 in and I’m replacing it with a 455 but don’t know what type radiation I’ll need

Status
Not open for further replies.

81GBody

n00b
Jan 18, 2021
Can anyone give me any recommendations as to that kind of radiator I’ll need to fit my G body and motor size

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The normal V8 radiator in aluminum will work fine IF you don't put Speed Pro/TRW pistons in too tight. They need .004-.005 piston to bore clearance. Otherwise, no amount of radiator will cool it.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

81GBody

n00b
Jan 18, 2021
The normal V8 radiator in aluminum will work fine IF you don't put Speed Pro/TRW pistons in too tight. They need .004-.005 piston to bore clearance. Otherwise, no amount of radiator will cool it.
Thank you, much appreciated brother.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
When I had a Pontiac 400 in my '81 Malibu wagon, I used a junkyard V-6 three row brass radiator from an AC car. It worked so well when it broke I replaced it with a brand new same type. The 400 never overheated. But in my '83 wagon I went with a new V-8 two row aluminum that was rated as a 4 row. It is only a 301 engine but even with the AC on in traffic in July it doesn't overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor