81 cutlass stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
Don't understand, do you need a harness, or a head unit? If the latter, I have a Custom Autosound unit that I bought, then have since gone in another direction, and is surplus.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
You need to splice wires together yourself from head unit to a wiring harness adapter anyways. I never used a harness adapter on something old like a g-body, just cut the vehicle harness & spliced in head unit harness directly since i never intended on going back with factory radio.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Looking for a stereo kit for a aftermarket stereo I have plug just need the kit looked everywhere any help is appreciated!!!
What kind of kit are you talking about?

Are you thinking of the kit for the dash? Like the bezel and plastic piece to keep it in place?

Because you said you have the plug for it, and if so, then all you need to do is wire it to the colors on the harness, and remove the old connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor