CUTLASS 81 Cutlass Supreme

JoeDirt81

n00b
May 17, 2024
Echo Park
Goodmorning gentleman , Help needed with my 81 Cutlass Supreme (3.8 V6) , I need advice on what's a a preferable start to swapping old front suspension parts .. what should I do first , my suspension rattles when I hit bumps . Especially the left front side . shocks are worn have no bushing left metal to metal . Anyone have any advice on what would be a good start to working on the suspension ... Definitely trying to get things done on a fair budget . but anything helps , thank you . More questions to come . I've had the car three years I've done very few mechanical fixes . I'm trying to pick up the lace and do a little more with it .. Overall runs fair ..
IMG_20220709_141327.jpg
IMG_20220911_205724.jpg

Shocks are fairly easy and not very expensive. You all ready know they are bad so replacing will help you rule out other parts. The next easiest parts are the roll bar connectors. They are fairly inexpensive.

Then keep ruling out stuff. Eat the elephant just one fork at a time.

How are you set for tools and what experience do you have on this vintage era of cars?

Do you know how to remove the top shock nut?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor