81 cutlass upper control arm bushing replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lburston88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 1, 2021
Good morning gbody family. I’m doing a control arm bushing change to my stock control arms. I think I kinda screwed up something. I bought the energy suspension bushings for my upper and lower stock control arms. I got the lowers in flush no problem. The uppers on the other hand I got in all the way flush then I realized I didn’t put the bar back in. Then as I was taking the one side out I noticed that on a video I seen on YouTube, I wasn’t suppose to press the bushing in all the way flush. I was suppose to stop at the tapered edged. I’m not sure if that’s true or not with energy suspension bushing because I even called them and they stated that they were suppose to be in all the way flush. Has anyone did this bushing upgrade? If so how far did you press the upper control arm bushing in?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor