81 GP HVAC vacuum control valve P/N

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrian

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
The picture below isn't mine - it's just to clarify the part. I need the vacuum control valve for my 1981 Grand Prix, with A/C. Does anybody know the GM part number for this?

Here's one online: El Camino Heater And Air Conditioning Control Panel Vacuum Switch, 1978-1987
It's only listed for El Camino but I think that would work in mine? It's out of stock anyway.

I had the whole control out of my car once & don't want to take it out again until I have the part to put back in.
& FYI, there's a fix for these (here) that I did and it briefly fixed it, but it's losing vacuum again so I'll just replace it.

Thanks...

1677512658420.png

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you want a new one, dig DEEP. Then dig some more. These jokers are super-unobtanium. 2-port is 7897420, and the 9-port is 16037778.

1677517741614.png

Here's the cheapest 9-port I could find on ebay. 196.00 plus shipping/tax. I remember people whining when they were forking over $50 or so for these things.

95 bucks for the 2-port. Free shipping though. :)

Reactions: 1 user

brrian

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Crikey. Okay, not paying that. Plan B... get a used one & figure out how to make it work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor