81 gp rear quarter panel rust repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

81gpbbc

n00b
Jul 12, 2018
I'm looking for some advice on how to build my own rear quarter panel patch. The body on my car is pretty straight other then the typical rear quarter rust. I'd really like to do it myself but there doesn't seem to be any patch panels available for the grand prixs. How hard is it to build one yourself and can you guys point me in the right direction to get started any tips or tricks would be much appreciated I'm new to body work so any little bit helps.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. This thread will provide some inspiration....
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/81-oldsmopile-g-body-rust-repair.55800/
You would be better off, in my opinion to find someone on here parting out a Grand Prix (or find one in a local salvage yard - www.car-part.com) and have them cut out the patches you need. Do lots of research. Doing patch panels is not easy (at least not to me). Can you weld? I recommend a lap joint, depending on what you are doing.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

REGAL8r

Apprentice
May 7, 2017
Rust free 1/4 panels—-375.00 ea.or 600.00 shipped.may be lower if entire 1/4 not needed? Pm me a pic if interested.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You might also want to take a moment and do a proper introduction.

• Agree

81gpbbc

n00b
Jul 12, 2018
Welcome to the site from Houston. This thread will provide some inspiration....
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/81-oldsmopile-g-body-rust-repair.55800/
You would be better off, in my opinion to find someone on here parting out a Grand Prix (or find one in a local salvage yard - www.car-part.com) and have them cut out the patches you need. Do lots of research. Doing patch panels is not easy (at least not to me). Can you weld? I recommend a lap joint, depending on what you are doing.
Thanks that thread should be pretty helpful.
Love your gp by the way I was thinking of going red with mine later on down the line.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Will do Longroof. That's a slick wagon.
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. I hope you find the necessary information to help you get your ride in shape. You're in good hands here. (y)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor