GRAND PRIX 81 Grand Prix LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The back seat floor needs repair. The T tops leaked. I have pics I'll post later.

It needs a drivers side outer fender and hood. They were damaged.

The bumpers are in the car but the chrome was peeling. Needs a windshield. Glass is all there except the back corner windows. Got misplaced a long the travels.

I don't have the factory rims any more but I do have steel wheels on it now.

Trunk floor was rust free. All the rust is allong the bottom edge of the doors and rear quarters. I'l have to take pics. Car has been inside since it' been parked.

I don' have the gauges anymore. Intended to put aftermarket ones in. No wires were cut anywhre on the car.

Front headlights are gone and grill. I don' remember what happened to them
Unfortunately there isn't enough of the car left. It's a parts car at best.

Mitch80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2018
Ok. I do understand. I think I'll just sell the pieces and scrap the car.

I have heard that the T tops are worth decent money?

Anyone interested in the dash?

New Rad?
New Rocker Panels?
New V8 Hooker Headers?

Any other pieces that anyone is interested in?

Mitch80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2018
I did have someone offer me $50 for scrap. But I could trailer it to the scrap yard and probably get a bit more then that if metal prices are good

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Based on what you said here... and a couple other pics in your album showing a nasty lean on the drivers tire after being hit (not sure if that was fixed suspension wise?)..

If max money is your goal I see:

$100 column/wheel
$150 tops (non locking pair are worth less)
$75-100 ttop interior trim if uncracked
$50 trunklid if no lip rust
$75 bare header panel
$75 pass fender
$200 uncracked dash
$75 floor shifer, cable, grommet, cable, trans lever
$50 body braces if unbent
$50-100 rear end if complete drum to drum
$40 set of 4 steel rims if unbent
$50 misc plastic trim on a/b pillars
$75 radiator core support if unbent and unrusted.
Then a discount off whatever the radiator and headers you got sell for.

Those are good, solid, fair prices around here. Not fire sale prices. It may take 3 to 6 months or longer to sell some stuff.

I don't list the bumpers because peeling rusty chrome isn't worth anything unless a circle track racer offers a couple bucks.

Mitch80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2018
Good catch. It did have a nasty lean to the drivers steer tire. What happened was a car drove through a red light and t boned a Ford half ton. The Ford half ton coasted into me. SGI did write it of becease it needed a hood drivers outer fender and an upper control arm. I replaced the upper control arm to fix the lean. I should have fixed it the rest of the way at the time but didn'. Hind site is 20/20.

Thank you for all the pricing. That will help a lot

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Before you scrap it pull that dash. They are harder to find and will swap into any other G body easily. Plus they look a lot better than all of the other models which explains why it's a common swap. Honestly if you weren't across the border I would buy the dash.

Prices for crack free GP dashes are all over the place. I paid $150 about 7 years ago shipped to my door but my buddy just sold one for $300 and it sold damn near instantly.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor