81 malibu projector headlights conversion help

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigstudmaj

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2009
i bought some projector headlights for my malibu and having problems with the h4 bulbs can't get to stay in the socket tight and the rubber boot that goes on the headlight does not fit into the headlight bucket. has anybody done this conversion, i'am wondering if there is suppose to be a oring around the bulb. thanks

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
not really sure what you are talking about a rubber boot mine were just held in with the factory metal rings that holds the housings and as far as plugging the bulbs in I had a hard time with mine coming un plugged so I bent the prongs on the bulb like this \ / then put the socket on there and no more problems but mine are not the projector houseings either just the clear housings
DSCN0811.jpg

thebigstudmaj

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2009
SLICK79WGN said:
not really sure what you are talking about a rubber boot mine were just held in with the factory metal rings that holds the housings and as far as plugging the bulbs in I had a hard time with mine coming un plugged so I bent the prongs on the bulb like this \ / then put the socket on there and no more problems but mine are not the projector houseings either just the clear housings
DSCN0811.jpg
on the back of my headlight housing it came with a rubber boot that just slides on

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
there is a oring around the bulb itself to seal it but I have no idea about the boot, on mine the buln goes in and you turn it to lock it in place

thebigstudmaj

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2009
SLICK79WGN said:
there is a oring around the bulb itself to seal it but I have no idea about the boot, on mine the buln goes in and you turn it to lock it in place
my don't lock in place there is a spring that holds it in place.but my bulbs don't have any o rings on them i think thats the missing part. thanks

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
no problem post up some pics of them if you have some

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor