81 malibu wagon rear window weather seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Does anyone know where i can find the rear glass for the left and right windows, not the door glass but the stationary ones, i've tried Mikes Monties, dixie restoration, no one have them. any help would be appreciated. thanks weatherstripping or moulding sorry guys i need the weatherstrip and moulding only not the glass.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Theres a junk yard in MN that has a bunch of wagons. I dont remember who posted the name of the place but the info is in a thread on this site. Someone will probably post the name of the place by the end of the day.
Three years ago I got the aluminum trim off of two wagons at a local yard that was closing up. One complete set that I used on my car and one side of the second car just to keep as a spare. Both wagons at the yard had the back glass still in them. One of them actually had extra glass in the back cargo area. If I remember correctly there were at least two sets. I thought about buying a set to have just in case I ever needed it but the guy wanted stupid money for the stuff. One day I went back just before they closed and they crushed that wagon with all the glass still in the back. What a waste.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What year is your wagon? Does it have the stick-on quarter glass mouldings or the aluminum type? I'm assuming the stick-on crap. That stuff can't be reused because it usually breaks apart when trying to remove it...plus it's no longer available from GM. That's why many guys go with the older style metal mouldings, but studs need to be added in order to hold the clips on.

Reactions: 1 user

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Theres a junk yard in MN that has a bunch of wagons. I dont remember who posted the name of the place but the info is in a thread on this site. Someone will probably post the name of the place by the end of the day.
Three years ago I got the aluminum trim off of two wagons at a local yard that was closing up. One complete set that I used on my car and one side of the second car just to keep as a spare. Both wagons at the yard had the back glass still in them. One of them actually had extra glass in the back cargo area. If I remember correctly there were at least two sets. I thought about buying a set to have just in case I ever needed it but the guy wanted stupid money for the stuff. One day I went back just before they closed and they crushed that wagon with all the glass still in the back. What a waste.
Happens a lot the guys running the junk yards they don't care they just see it as another car.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So the weatherstrip around the hatch? The trim for the rear glass window, aka between the C and D pillars? I thought the windows are glued in? Do you have 82/83 with the non reuseable glued in seals and need the 78-81 trim?

I am heading to this yard this Thursday so if you need anything that is easily shipped I I can try to grab it. I just don't understand what the parts are you are looking for.

1583849109894.png

1583849151701.png

1583849279093.png

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
What year is your wagon? Does it have the stick-on quarter glass mouldings or the aluminum type? I'm assuming the stick-on crap. That stuff can't be reused because it usually breaks apart when trying to remove it...plus it's no longer available from GM. That's why many guys go with the older style metal mouldings, but studs need to be added in order to hold the clips on.

Yep to the above. If you can find a 81-83 wagon with the stick on stuff in great shape, I'd be all ears too. 78-80 has the aluminum trim, I'll probably go that route as well with mine unless I can figure out a way to re-do or replace mine. I peeled off one at junkyard that looked ok, it didn't come off nicely I'll put it that way. Mine is good shape except the plasti-chrome is peeled/faded/turned to rust color even though it's just rubber/plastic.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yep to the above. If you can find a 81-83 wagon with the stick on stuff in great shape, I'd be all ears too. 78-80 has the aluminum trim, I'll probably go that route as well with mine unless I can figure out a way to re-do or replace mine. I peeled off one at junkyard that looked ok, it didn't come off nicely I'll put it that way. Mine is good shape except the plasti-chrome is peeled/faded/turned to rust color even though it's just rubber/plastic.
Paul,
The rubberized mouldings are usually compromised when you do find them. At least most of the ones that I've come across. Another possible solution is to fabricate your own using universal stick-on side trim. Even if you do go with the aluminum mouldings, you will most likely have to replace the plastic stripping that fits behind the moulding which is the same as what's used on windshield trim.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
So the weatherstrip around the hatch? The trim for the rear glass window, aka between the C and D pillars? I thought the windows are glued in? Do you have 82/83 with the non reuseable glued in seals and need the 78-81 trim?

I am heading to this yard this Thursday so if you need anything that is easily shipped I I can try to grab it. I just don't understand what the parts are you are looking for.

View attachment 138791
View attachment 138792
View attachment 138793

I think the OP is looking for the side glass not the trim unless he wants both.
Thats the junk yard I mentioned in my reply. They let you wander around that yard ? I would be there for days. Thats amazing.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blake had mentioned that yard over the years. Looks like a lot of good candidates for quarter window trim.

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017

View attachment 138791
View attachment 138792
View attachment 138793

I need a set of wagon rear glass hinges without the wing. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me some. I cant find anything to save my life! I am paypal ready and in need. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor