82 cutlass full suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
For a DIY put together kit=
Haven't added up the costs, but I suspect it would be less than any aftermarket kit. Or check out UMI, Southside, etc. for a prepackaged solution.

Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
UNGN has a lot of experience open road racing and knows what he is talking about. At 500HP I hope you have upgraded the rear end.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Stock parts in oprer condition will function well with a couple of upgrades : Bilstein shock, F41 front swap bar, rear sway bar (preferably aftermarket), 7-9" wide tires with a proper alignment.

UNGN alignment specs are great. If you need new bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, then follow his parts list or similar parts list from a SSM, UMI, Spohn, etc.

Steer clear of the Autozone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, etc BJ's, ties rod ends, bushing, etc. Cheap offshore knockoffs that will be in need of replacement inside of 20K miles should be avoided - ask me how I know.

Almost forgot, you have ti have the tight ratio steer gear. The stock gandma gear is just awful for steering feel.

Let's hear about your car some ;)

Icantfindmyrice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2021
Saint Louis
Stock parts in oprer condition will function well with a couple of upgrades : Bilstein shock, F41 front swap bar, rear sway bar (preferably aftermarket), 7-9" wide tires with a proper alignment.

UNGN alignment specs are great. If you need new bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, then follow his parts list or similar parts list from a SSM, UMI, Spohn, etc.

Steer clear of the Autozone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, etc BJ's, ties rod ends, bushing, etc. Cheap offshore knockoffs that will be in need of replacement inside of 20K miles should be avoided - ask me how I know.

Almost forgot, you have ti have the tight ratio steer gear. The stock gandma gear is just awful for steering feel.

Let's hear about your car some ;)
Thanks for the info To be honest i don’t know much about this stuff I’m learning as i go but i have been fixing this car up i always liked gbodys and there is nothing better to learn how to work on cars then these classics! I’m only 18 but my dad is an older guy and i really bought it Bc i wanted to surprise him when I’m finished it has a 350 rocket in it.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Your Dad is an older guy - great hehe. My son is 27 and I still mess with his cars non-stop as well as my own lol. You're making me feel old.

Not knowing your budget or you and your father's skill set I'll say spend your money wisely. And ask as you go because there isn't anything that you want to do that hasn't been done already. Everyone here wants to help - no primadonnas that want to put you down. It's a great place to learn.

Good luck - Jim

Reactions: 2 users

Icantfindmyrice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2021
Saint Louis
Your Dad is an older guy - great hehe. My son is 27 and I still mess with his cars non-stop as well as my own lol. You're making me feel old.

Not knowing your budget or you and your father's skill set I'll say spend your money wisely. And ask as you go because there isn't anything that you want to do that hasn't been done already. Everyone here wants to help - no primadonnas that want to put you down. It's a great place to learn.

Good luck - Jim
My budget isn’t small but it isn’t large either my I’m the only one working on the car atm but i have some great friends that build classic cars and donks that are willing to help me I’m doing suspension and then the motor next

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you can swing the wheel and tire size increase then put in C5/C6 front brakes - they STOP.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor