82 cutlass full suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
500 HP is alot for a G body to withstand. You are going to need fresh body mounts, frame reinforcing, body bracing, and brake upgrades to safely handle that amount of power. Any rust damage will need to be repaired. At 500 HP you really need to do a frame off and box the frame and gusset the lower rear LCA mounts.

Reactions: 1 user

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Reactions: 3 users

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Hey guys.

Here's the UMI kit link(s).

UMI kits

This is a little bit more than a daily driver but take a look at our Green Machine for a hint at performance of our higher end kits.

UMI Green Machine Pitt Race

Hit me at [email protected] with any questions.
So if I may?
I have umi rotojoint rear control arms, spohns front a arms, 2in umi springs, umi sway bars, close ratio steering box, frames been braced in all the right spots, blazer front spindles, c5 vette brakes front n rear with dba drilled n slotted rotors,stainless brake lines... n on n on..
Point is
MY CAR IS A GO KART!
Horse power with new motor is 500 550tq. It's now all apart to build it correctly but I can't wait. I just brought the parts to do my fuel system and from experience Ramey at umi is freaking awesome. I live in pa and always enjoy talking to those guys. They even own a race track u can take ur car to!
If u can do it then do the whole suspension and brakes u will be very 😊happy. I can't speak for anyone else about their setup nor am I bashing anyone's setup!I am only speaking on my car.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
My suggestion for upgrading your G-body suspension is to get a whole package that includes both the front and rear suspension components. I was told the biggest mistake most owners make is to mix and match parts on their own which can result in one part negating the positives of another. As a result, I decided to purchase a Pro Touring package from Savistke SC&C. Unfortunately, I note that SC&C has been receiving bad reviews on their local Better Business Bureau for non-delivery of orders. Too bad, that's sad. However, it does not negate the advice of being careful about how parts interact with one another.

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
My suggestion for upgrading your G-body suspension is to get a whole package that includes both the front and rear suspension components. I was told the biggest mistake most owners make is to mix and match parts on their own which can result in one part negating the positives of another. As a result, I decided to purchase a Pro Touring package from Savistke SC&C. Unfortunately, I note that SC&C has been receiving bad reviews on their local Better Business Bureau for non-delivery of orders. Too bad, that's sad. However, it does not negate the advice of being careful about how parts interact with one another.
Mark's a knowledgeable guy but he's a terrible/steal from peter to pay Paul salesman..

• Informative

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Melloelky, I guess you are speaking from experience. I ran into this delay problem when I initially made my order and had to threaten cancelling my order. Glad to say, I did receive all of my parts and have installed them on my 87 El Camino but have not gotten to ride around to enjoy the investment. Hopefully, that will happen sometime this summer!

Lastly, I note that SC&C's site has been taken down.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Melloelky, I guess you are speaking from experience. I ran into this delay problem when I initially made my order and had to threaten cancelling my order. Glad to say, I did receive all of my parts and have installed them on my 87 El Camino but have not gotten to ride around to enjoy the investment. Hopefully, that will happen sometime this summer!

Lastly, I note that SC&C's site has been taken down.
soon enough brother,you'll be sawing away @that wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor