82 Cutlass, hesitation upon acceleration. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasindude1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2016
I have an 82 Cutlass V6, its my GF's custom lowrider from HS. We are slowly bringing her back to life. The engine starts and runs strong, she is a little cold blooded as she like to warm up for about 10 mins before she will drive smoothly. When driving, from a dead stop if you mash the gas it will sputter, then go, but will sometimes die. I replaced air filter, plugs and wires, fuel filter, adjusted the idle, and I have run thru about 4 cans of carb cleaner and 2 cans of seafoam. I cant seem to fix this issue. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, besides that she runs fine just the slight hesitation which im sure isnt normal. what else could this be? also, while driving, if u mash the gas she accelerates fine no hesitation, its only from a dead stop.. thanks for your help guys.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
Carb rebuild sounds good but also if you have the distributor vaccume advance is going to manifold vaccume could be a problem. Try disconnecting that and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor