82 Regal engine wiring harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Cream hand cleaner works great for restoring the insulation on the factory wiring. It will remove paint and mung, leaving the color back to its best condition.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I seen this one too, but didn’t purchase it because it indicated it didn’t fit the my Regal
I'm assuming it says that since a small block chevy didn't come stock in your car. I expect to have to modify mine. I just needed a fresh start. My harness was in bad shape and the bulkhead connector is packed with a hard substance sort of like seam sealer so digging all that stuff out to repin or replace wires was going to be pretty tough. It would have been like starting over anyway. If you can reconfigure yours, it will save you money.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Take a peek at my bulkhead connector. They did this to the diesel cars....
20171202_161943.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I’m going to definitely try this. Thank you again
Once you have the wires figured out it isnt bad. Some of the wires in my harness were emission related. The hardest part was figuring out where to route them. I switched to a serpentine setup with the crate motor I bought so the AC lines had to be changer to the right side and the alternator to the left. I also had to redo the high idle wire and choke wire. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I can tell you where to buy the Packard terminals and the 10' lengths of different gauge wire in the original colors. You can also redo the fusible links at the same time. VERY easy to do.

Reactions: 2 users

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
Once you have the wires figured out it isnt bad. Some of the wires in my harness were emission related. The hardest part was figuring out where to route them. I switched to a serpentine setup with the crate motor I bought so the AC lines had to be changer to the right side and the alternator to the left. I also had to redo the high idle wire and choke wire. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I can tell you where to buy the Packard terminals and the 10' lengths of different gauge wire in the original colors. You can also redo the fusible links at the same time. VERY easy to do.
Thank you I appreciate that. Sounds like you have a super clean set up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor