83/84 hurst spoiler mounting hole measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackout79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2016
Michigan
Hey guys, i know it use to be on here but i just can't find the measurements for mounting a hurst spoiler. Does anyone still habe them? Thanks for any help with this.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when I put the SS spoiler on my GP I put a tape on the trunk where I wanted the spoiler to sit and then just measured where to drill the holes. Or you can take a piece of carboard, mount the spoiler on that and then use the carboard to lay out the hole pattern on the trunk lid.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
The following is something I copied from one of the forums way back in 2006. I wish I could give credit to who wrote it but I'm sorry I didn't note it.....
I'm also sorry I can't verify whether the measures are accurate....

Anyway, I got some dimensions that can help, I think.

trunk edge to outside edge of spoiler mount base riser/spacer (measured at mid-point lengthwise from front to back of the spacer) is
8-13/16".

trunk front lip to leading front edge of spoiler mount riser straight back is 26-7/16"

Spoiler mount base risers are 3/8" tall. This puts the front of the spoiler 1-3/4" tall on the leading edge of the spoiler. It's 2-5/8" in the back. Difference is due to the slope of the trunklid.

Tip downturns have a running gap of 1" from the body panels the along entire length front to back.

Ok, NOW you can go drill your holes!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor