83 Buick Regal Estate Wagon 5.3 LS, bagged

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
It is frustrating that some photos are red X'ing out.. I can edit and resave which usually does the trick but then they (or different ones) will disappear. Sad!

Well, it got derailed just a bit.. there were still a couple pinhole leaks around the sump that we could not find and trying to then weld it for the thousandth time resulted in a SNAFU. I had rushed the process and failed to remove all the capped off parts after pressure testing the tank. Some residual vapors exploded and the tank was rendered junk. Thankfully no one was injured but it was a good reminder to always take your time and think before next steps, particularly when doing some potentially dangerous work.

When I had started the LS swap I heard about using the Astro van fuel sender unit and started down that path but could not confirm what all was needed for that swap. Well, I really wish I tried that way because it is SO much easier and cleaner than welding in a sump and using an external pump. And having a resource like this - 79wagon.com/fuel-system/ - is invaluable for the details like the metric -> AN adapters needed.

I bought a repop Spectra tank on Rockauto (pretty decent quality! Just had to bend some corners and edges to get it to fit right), and the Astro van fuel sender along with a Summit Racing electric pump and some fittings. It is very tight on the top with the large lines coming out and we resorted to using a longer bolt on the drivers side tank strap as the original was like a 1/2 mm too short to start in the nut.

IMG_1937-2090x1440.jpg

IMG_1939-2090x1440.jpg

IMG_1944-2090x1440.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
All of this brings me to what may be the end of this thread.. :( I am trying to sell my beloved wagon! I have had this car for like 13 or 14 years now, which is a crazy reminder of how time flies. I do love it and will regret selling it but need the space and the funds for other projects at this time. It sucks to move on, but I feel I need to at this point and the car is so fun now. The items I would focus on next would be gauges, brake upgrades, and possibly a rear end upgrade (although this one is holding fine).

If anyone is interested please reach out! I will start a for sale thread here and other forums I frequent. My asking is $25k but of course I may be negotiable, especially if it goes to another G-body fan. I have the set of Appliance wire wheels that could go with it and would also be willing to swap out the air system for coilovers if desired.

DSCF5011-2090x1440.jpg

DSCF5859-2090x1440.jpg

DSCF5869-2090x1440.jpg

DSCF5872-2090x1440.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi Randy,
Sorry to hear that you'll be putting your beloved wagon up for sale. It's got to be one of the cleanest and nicest G-body Buick wagons that I've ever seen. I hope you're able to be at peace with your decision. 13-14 yrs is a long time to own anything. We do tend to become attached to our vehicles. You've put a lot of work and love into it. Hopefully it goes to a good, appreciative home. I'm sure it's a fun car to drive. Good luck with your decision and sale.

Reactions: 3 users

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Hi Randy,
Sorry to hear that you'll be putting your beloved wagon up for sale. It's got to be one of the cleanest and nicest G-body Buick wagons that I've ever seen. I hope you're able to be at peace with your decision. 13-14 yrs is a long time to own anything. We do tend to become attached to our vehicles. You've put a lot of work and love into it. Hopefully it goes to a good, appreciative home. I'm sure it's a fun car to drive. Good luck with your decision and sale.
Jack, thank you for the kind words! Obviously without your and others help and support on this board I wouldn't have come this far with the car. I just checked the photo dates on the earliest pictures I have and it was Aug 2008! I know my asking price is pretty high so there is a good chance I will end up keeping it haha. :ROFLMAO: But, even if I sell it I will still be on this forum often, and always checking in wagons first thing. Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, thank you for the kind words! Obviously without your and others help and support on this board I wouldn't have come this far with the car. I just checked the photo dates on the earliest pictures I have and it was Aug 2008! I know my asking price is pretty high so there is a good chance I will end up keeping it haha. :ROFLMAO: But, even if I sell it I will still be on this forum often, and always checking in wagons first thing. Thanks again!
Randy, there's nothing wrong with throwing a high number out there. You just never know. It just takes one serious buyer to snap it up.
Considering the prices of new cars today, many of us would rather drive older, well kept, and mechanically upgraded vehicles than some typical mundane sh*tbox. Good luck buddy.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor