Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Any more updates?

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I wish I could find me a wagon in that good of shape. I'd rip the back pocket off my jeans getting my wallet out.

Reactions: 1 user

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Hey guys, thanks for the great replies! It's highly motivating. Unfortunately, no updates as of yet, but I do have some parts to install and then get it out to rip around this weekend. Ill take some nice pics if so. I was hoping to at least post up a few photos of the LS Fest but haven't even had a chance to go through those yet.

Robert, maybe we can talk more once it's ready to go :friday: Hell, maybe I'll drive it to LS Fest in KY and then drop it off with you! Haha

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Here are some photos from the LS Fest West show if anyone cares about that stuff :)

IMG_4927-X3.jpg

The Car Craft Malibu was at the Three Pedals tent... unbelievably I only saw a few g-bodies the entire time. Really sad!

IMG_4854-X3.jpg

This was one of the other ones.. a lowrider Cutty. Confusingly, it was closed up almost the entire time - I never got to see the engine bay. Maybe the owner just got in to the Show and Shine to get great parking?

IMG_4878-X3.jpg

Bobby Unser was there in his kick *ss Nova II

IMG_4710-X3.jpg

Definitely one of the more interesting vehicles, this small truck (Mazda?) had a twin turbo set up and a lawn mower and weed whacker in the bed! So cool.

IMG_4729-X3.jpg

The early attendees cruised out to Hoover Dam on Thurs night. Pretty awesome sight

IMG_4825-X3.jpg

The absolutely amazing "Fairway 55" was in attendance part of the time. It's an immaculate and crazy build from Ironworks

IMG_4833-X3.jpg

Another Ironworks build - this Impala has an incredible Ferrari-esque LS twin turbo set up

IMG_4963-X3.jpg

My personal favorite - the Squarebody Syndicate crew was there with the amazing "Series 01" truck. So incredibly clean and a perfect blend of stock look with integrated technology and performance

IMG_5290-X3.jpg

The ShiftBang.com guy was there for the weekend. Here he is interviewing the autocross winner and that's Mike Dusold in 2nd on the right with his crazy Camaro

IMG_5228-X3.jpg

Another of my favorites was this AMX pro tourer. Really incredible car from what I could see - he was racing most of the time

I have a ton of photos, it's hard to choose. Even though the turn out wasn't great, I hope next year is better and plan on attending. I really hope the G-body crowd steps up to the plate! We gotta represent!!

Reactions: 2 users

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Sorry it's taken a while to update, the parts and garage time has been trickling in. I got the heater core, air line fittings and bumper fillers installed. Still needs a little buttoning up and the electric fans need troubleshooting because they aren't kicking on. I did replace the thermostat when I noticed it wasn't opening even when pushing 216*. Swapped in 5 minutes and it worked fine.. so it's circulating, just not kicking the fans on at temp.

I still need to decide and get a new dash cluster (really don't like using my phone), ponder a new rear end, install some bracing I got in part trade for the old transmission, and then polish and wax the paint and detail it out. Pics!

IMG_6557-X2.jpg

the first I got from NAPA was wrong, which is rare.. they were by far my favorite parts store and now they closed North Seattle branch! :eek:

IMG_6560-X2.jpg

remember to reinstall the retainer before you close the core box! oops

IMG_6562-X2.jpg

had to pull the manifold out from the tire well, which is a huge pain, to replace and test new fittings

IMG_6563-X2.jpg

new fittings have the silver metal bodies, old ones have plastic. Cheap upgrade, I should've fully tested and improved the system prior to installing in car

IMG_6580-X2.jpg

the passenger side bumper filler was a real b*tch to install, mainly because there was a lot of excess material and it was tough to line up on the side holes

IMG_6581-X2.jpg

badda-bing

IMG_6582-X2.jpg

I also messed it up.. I took a bunch off the inside to line up with grill properly, but then went too fast and thought that upper corner needed removal, but it didn't

IMG_6585-X2.jpg

you can see how the side kicks out which I think is by design. I had to drill the lowers to use the stock bolts, and had to get longer upper screws because the material is thicker

IMG_6586-X2.jpg

really ties the room together

IMG_6587-X2.jpg

i scraped the hell out of them trying to fit the bumper (no big deal, just has some rattle can white on them). I still have to work on the PS filler to get the fit perfect. I'm wondering if you are supposed to install them after bumper is on? Is so tight you have to loosen one side or both to fit it on

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Forgot to mention earlier I got a vintage plate to put on this car. When I went last year to re-register it - thank god there are some decent folks working at my local DOL - the guy told me save the extra cost and run new plates until it comes up to get new tabs. Well, thankfully I went in before the deadline because it ended up costing me only $45 as opposed to like a hundred more.. and with this plate I never have to pay for tabs again. Just a tip for people in WA or states that allow this.

Some pics of the car in the Greenwood car show which is the biggest in Seattle. It's more like a huge party, 15 or 20 blocks of nothing but cars and people. Thankfully (due to the fan issue) it's right down the street from me. Met my buddy early and hauled *ss down there.. the car feels great but it's almost violent when you give it some throttle. I really need to get it tuned next.

Also, yesterday when I was pulling it out of the shop the pre-pump filter hit the floor and it started leaking.. so I'm going to order parts for a hard line set up ASAP. I knew that was a terrible idea to have that hanging out there, esp under the tow bar.

IMG_6590-X2.jpg

it's funny the lady at the DOL took forever because having the year 2000 tabs really threw her.. i told her i could just scrape them off until i hit 1983 lol

IMG_6592-X2.jpg

i like the front end

IMG_6755-X2.jpg

it was funny bc like 99% of people would give it a glance and keep moving.. a few gave the regular wagon comments. But then a handful of people were super interested. Two guys came up at one point and said "an LS swapped Regal wagon! This is by far the coolest car here".. that made my day!

IMG_6756-X2.jpg

I like this low angle shot

IMG_6757-X2.jpg

I should've joined the G-body group but had to park with my friend and his 48 Chevy truck

Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Looks bad *ss, I am a fan of running bigger wheels but can't blame you for liking the sleeper look of what you got

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good, nice to see some updates.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Thanks! The wheels are one of the most critical parts to me.. I felt with this car the stock wire hub caps look pretty good, esp with the white walls. I had thought about getting wheels like the Astro Supremes for that mild custom look, but would probably have kept the white walls too.

Big wheels look amazing, check out StayTrue28's wagon, it's the same car but sitting on some 18" Centerlines(?)
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/83-buick-regal-estate-wagon-on-air.59405/

Looks bad *ss, I am a fan of running bigger wheels but can't blame you for liking the sleeper look of what you got

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor