83 Buick Regal Estate Wagon 5.3 LS, bagged

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
ItsnotaGN - This is my first 2F experience and it seems dead nuts reliable but it's so archaic.. and it leaks like a b*st*rd. It's a tractor with a car body attached. :mrgreen:

Jack - I will do. I took some photos of the transmission project so I'll try to post those soon. We normally see maybe 1 or 2 tiny snowfalls per winter, it's too mild here. But this winter was really crazy, for a few weeks starting on superbowl sunday it was solidly below freezing and we had storm after storm. For a city that isn't equipped for that amount it was like pandemonium. Haha

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You guys on the pacific northwest have had one heck of a winter. An extreme amount of snow for your part of the country.
Good luck on the trans. That sure is one beautiful Regal wagon. I know I've said it before.
Btw, that is one clean looking gauge cluster setup.

Last edited:

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Quick update - this past Thurs / Fri a buddy and I went to the huge Portland, OR swap meet and I found a nice set of Appliance uni lug wire wheels. As much as I love the sleeper look with the old wire hubcaps they are heavy, make it really difficult to remove the wheels, and overall are just too small. I fit the new wheels but just ordered a set of lugnuts on ebay because they require special washers to center the wheel on different bolt patterns. I can get fake spinner centers, too. Without further ado, some beauty shots! (all those spots are leaves and tree junk, we had rains and high winds)

IMG_7649.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm not a huge fan of wire wheels on anything but foreign sportscars , but I must say, they look nice on your wagon. A different look, that's for sure. A touch of lowrider without actually being a lowrider....if that makes any sense.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
For the build theme, very fitting. (y) Looks good with the thin white walls.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the comments and likes! I agree it does look pretty lowrider with them but to me it's like a "real" version of my wire hubcaps if that makes sense. And like pagrunt said the whitewalls help make it fit better. The tires are pretty wide and the front is touching the inner fender when at full drop, they are Euro BF Goodriches? I'm guessing pretty old the guy said he had them on his 57 Chevy back in the day. So now the hunt is on for some performance tires with WW stripes that I can get in a more narrow front and probably wider rear. And maybe a slightly shorter diameter.

At the swap meet I found this beauty. :love: Light mint color sedan with a 4 speed and V8! Ultimate sleeper right here.. I have no idea if they sold it yet.

IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7602.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow!! That Malibu is sweet. Like you said, it would make the ultimate sleeper. Kind of oddball being a 4-dr with a 4-spd....but very cool and unusual.
I agree with Pagrunt, the whitewalls go well with the wire wheels.

Reactions: 1 user

truckdoug

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2018
wow thats cool. never seen a manual trans 4 door beside a couple "iraqi taxis"

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
I have been searching for any threads talking about a wagon 3rd brake light and everything seems to be about adding one on. I have what I assume is a factory light attached to tailgate right above the license plate area. I read in a thread talking about a wire harness going in to tailgate so that also makes me think it's a factory option? Mine doesn't come on but after getting through some wiring I want to change out the bulb and check for 12v if that doesn't fix.. however, I can't seem to figure out how to open the thing up and scared to damage. Has anyone dealt with this light?

Attachments

• IMG_9001.jpg
    IMG_9001.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_9002.jpg
    IMG_9002.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_9003.jpg
    IMG_9003.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 156

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor