83 Cutlass Baer Brake System

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmck82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2006
Washington DC
Piggy backing off another thread. I had seen two t-types in a GM high tech perf mag with Baer brake systems installed. The kit looks interesting and modern. Has anyone utilized them with their own application?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to upgrade the master cylinder , etc. , since you'd be moving up to a 4 piston caliper? higher fluid volume ?

Spindel/Axle mods necessary?

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
I have been investigating the Baer Brakes also. I am calling them this week to ask some questions. One is whether a new master cylinder is needed, I will post the answer when I get it. I do know that at least some of their systems require the use of Caprice Spindles (b-body?) But I am not sure if all if them do. I think the ones that do, come mounted on the new spindles.

edmck82

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2006
Washington DC
jerrycad472 said:
I have been investigating the Baer Brakes also. I am calling them this week to ask some questions. One is whether a new master cylinder is needed, I will post the answer when I get it. I do know that at least some of their systems require the use of Caprice Spindles (b-body?) But I am not sure if all if them do. I think the ones that do, come mounted on the new spindles.

Cool ! Let me know . From what I read from the application guide , this kit should work for all G-Body applications. Rear disc conversion ?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor