83 El Camino Starter Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolthisisnuts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2021
Hey Everyone,
I feel like I may have confused myself a bit. Where is the starter relay located on a G body? Is it this (see below) which is located on the steering column?

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 2.51.47 PM.png

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The one red wire goes directly from the starter to the ignition switch through a fuseable link. I agree that one wire goes to the HVAC system and one wire goes to the alternator, it also splits at S201 and goes throught the fuseblock (C100) to the ignition switch. I guess you could also check at the connector behind the passenger side valve cover to help narrow down the problem to see if there is 12V there.
Ive had the experience of having a bad ignition switch in one G body and a bad fuseable link in another, but since the OP has modified his car anything is possible.
Best thing I have ever learned about diagnosing cars is to break the larger problems into smaller parts, for example on the OPs problem, start by is it a problem under the hood or under the dash.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor