83 Hurst Olds lower fender ground effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackonblack

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2017
I'm planning to remove the ground effects below the front bumper sticker to have it repainted. Are these pretty easy to remove?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not too hard. For the side pieces, there's screws in the fenderwells, bolts at the bottom of the sides and one for the front where it meets the center piece. The top of the sides just slide into the J-molding. The center has bolts that hold it on to the brackets that are pop riveted into the bumper support. Forget the bolt sizes, but they're like 1/2" or thereabouts.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
what about 3d printing a new part?

It's solid technology but still limited to available materials and machine size. People are doing PU parts but I'm not sure if the physical properties are correct for this application. My employer has 6 printers some of which are some of the largest in the area but they are still too small to handle the H/O air dam. The equipment is expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor